Stricture?

cpatters
on 3/30/06 8:39 am - Rockingham County, VA
Ok, ok, I know WHAT a stricture is, but what I am not sure is HOW does one get one? Also...better yet, how does one prevent one if at all possible? I am not having problems. I am just curious. I want you all to educate me..... Cathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/30/06 9:15 am - Danville, VA
OMG, Cathy, you have a picture!!!! And it is a great one. Now, I have no idea about the stricture thing but I am sure someone out there will be very knowledgeable about them. Good information on the board...just wanted to tell you I am glad to see your picture back on...Enjoyed meeting you in Charlottesville and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Betsy
cpatters
on 3/30/06 9:46 am - Rockingham County, VA
Thanks Betsy, I cant believe that my picture is really there. I dont like the picture, but then again, I dont like ANY picture of me... Hope to see you again soon too! Cathy
Kathy & Rich
on 3/30/06 10:05 am - Fairfax, VA
A stricture is when the stoma (exit from the pouch) get closed off. This happens due to healing as scar tissue can develop. Nothing you can do to prevent it. Hope that helps! Nice to "see" you, Kathy
prissy25
on 3/30/06 11:27 am - Barboursville, VA
Yahoooooo Cathy has a picture kool. stricture comes from scar tissue, some signs I was told were not being able to keep your food down and pain. By the way I was by your house this eve. I tooted the horn looked as if you might have just been getting in I seen your car in the garage w/ the back up. Was so good to meet ya looking forward to the next time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views