Protein Question

kizie23
on 3/30/06 7:44 am - blacksburg, VA
I went for my three month and found that I am way below the required amount of protein. So, my question is if anyone uses the unjury unflavored protein powder what type of things do you mix it with. I know it is not supposed to have a flavor, but to me its nasty. My weight loss has stopped, and I am tired and week all the time. These things I have found are do to not getting in enough protein. Any suggestions would be great. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 8:58 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I only used the tasteless protein when I was first out . I mixed it in soups . I hate it .. has a vanilly taste to it . For me .. I use the Nectar Lemon Tea mixed with Chrystal Lite peach tea . I do it 2 x a day . And in the begining did it 3 x a day . Keeping my protien levels up to 120 .. and still try to maintain about 100 .. grams . There are several types of protein powders out there .. you just have to keep trying till you find one you like .. it is so important sweety .. I just cannot begin to tell you enough . I have tons of literature on this subject and some really good suggestions .. if you want it email me and I will send it to you . Hugs .. Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/30/06 9:13 am - Danville, VA
Oh Melissa, I just knew that Tink would get you!!! She is so right...you need the protein...I am using the Nectar Lemonade with tea and it isn't bad...also the Nectar Carribean Cooler is good mixed with Crystal light Orange. When you drink your protein, your weight will start dropping off again. I drink 2 = 3 times a day....don't forget your calcium also.. Hope this helps... Hugs, Betsy
Linda Y.
on 3/30/06 12:42 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Melissa, I used the Unjury in my Cream of Wheat, it didn't change the flavor or texture at all, but don't use the whole package, just a spoon or two. Also, listen to Tinkerbell, she knows what she's talking about! She turned me on to the Nectar Lemon Tea mixed with Crystal Lite & it's good, I can handle this one. I had a hard time finding ones that I liked too, so I did without & I came to a standstill too...I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. Thanks to Tink I'm now back on the protein drinks. Also, I tried the Profect by Protica & it's good...I really like it & it's under 3 oz & has 35 grams of protein...3 or 4 sips & I done. The thing with Protica, is that it's kinda expensive, with tax & all it comes out to be about $4.00 each. Do the math, price verses taste! Hope this helps. Anastasia
A10sFrau
on 3/30/06 6:49 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Melissa, I hope you got my recent emails about upping my protein. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 8:48 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Mellissa - Do you like coffee? Leaded or unleaded? If you do, that might be your saving grace in getting this crap, er, I mean, protein down! I don't like protein shakes, never have and probably never will, even with the coffee recipe (below). I tolerate them more then love 'em but I'm of the mindset that protein supplements are medicine for my body. I am a distal RNY bypass and will probably drink them FOR LIFE, in hopes of staying healthy. I tend to keep my protein mixes/shakes SIMPLE. If it's too much work, or clean up afterwards, I'll STOP doing it. This is what I do, and have done for over 3 years now. I make a pot of coffee in advance, put it in a pitcher and toss it in the fridge over night. (I like ICED Lattes) ...the next morning, I get my coffee fix and my protein fix all at once. I use leaded, not decaf. This is not an exact; I'm more of an 'eyeball it' kinda gal. I pour the following into an empty water bottle (through a funnel) and then just shake shake shake, with my hands, no blender no mess no cleanup. 16 oz iced coffee 4 oz of 2% carb countdown milk (6 gr protein) 1 scoop of protein, vanilla, butter cream, mocha, etc. (25 gr protein) 1 pack splenda 1 plop of sugar free syrup (my favorite is caramel or almond) It takes less then a minute to put together. Also, here are a few websites that have a variety of protein shakes listed (w/recipes). I've never tried ANY OF THEM. This is just information I collected during my research phase - so I can't tell you if any of the recipes taste good or not. Hope these help - Lei http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Information/Fitness/protein.htm http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm http://www.criticalbench.com/proteinshakerecipes.htm http://www.musclemaster.com/info/shake_recipes.htm http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/health-nutrition/EAS-myoplex-protein-shake-recipe.htm
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/06 4:41 am - Remington, VA
Lei, I'd like to thank you for that recipe... Sounds good will def try it! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 9:32 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Melissa, you have the experts here (Nat and Lei), but I guess my two cents would be to just experiment until you find what you like. I can't stand ujury, or some of the nectars (other than the one Natalie said, which I totally love), but I've tried a lot and some of them are just belchy to me. But keep looking, protein is so so important, as you know, and it helps to gag it down if it tastes halfway decent!! love donna
Julie R.
on 3/30/06 10:34 pm - Belspring, VA
Hey Melissa! If you want to try the Profect, I have a bunch at home. Pre-op they weren't bad; now I literally gag trying to get them down. I'm much better with protein powder. Anyways, I probably have 16 tubes left. I would be happy to bring in a couple to work for you to try. If you like them, you can buy the rest at a VERY reduced price. Hope you find a way to get the protien in Julie
LB
on 3/31/06 12:05 am - Northern, VA
Oh, I LOVE Profect. I would be getting zero protein (other than food) if it weren't for Profect. My goal is to drink four of them each day (per Tink's suggestion). That makes 100 grams of protein and its soo painless. I drink the blue one and the red one. I'm about to drink a blue one, its called "Blue Raspberry Swirl". I can't remember what the red one is called..."Citrus-Berry" maybe. I didn't like the other two flavors. I'd suggest getting the four pack first from the website, so you can decide which (if any) flavors you like. PS. If you don't take Julie up on her offer, to buy her profect discounted, I might see if I can. ;) Haha! Good luck on the hunt for tasty protein. Its a toughie, I know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views