More surgery

elizabeth b-c
on 3/30/06 5:03 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hello, Virginia Folks: I am still dealing with complications and pain. The upshot is that I will need a revision. They have determined that the ulcers have not healed and the part of the intestine that they attached to my pouch has lost much of it's blood supply. They are going to remove that piece and attach a healthier piece from lower down. We're looking at probably three weeks, since I just started a new job and can't take off time yet. The good news? Today is my seven-month anniversary and I'm down 151 pounds. elizabeth
lookin2lose2
on 3/30/06 5:16 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Elizabeth, I'm so sorry to hear you are having complications. I pray for God's healing and that you are feeling better real soon. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Take Good Care! Jean
elizabeth b-c
on 3/30/06 5:26 am - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks, Jean. I'll take all the prayers I can get. Part of me still hopes that this heals and I won't have to have more surgery. Peace, elizabeth
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/30/06 5:43 am - Danville, VA
Hi Elizabeth....I am so sorry you are having all these problems...hopefully it will clear up soon and you won't have to have surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...151 pounds??? That is truely amazing...keep up the good work... Hugs, Betsy
elizabeth b-c
on 3/30/06 5:47 am - Charlottesville, VA
Thanks, Betsy: It is great to see your new picture. You really are a butterfly! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers - right now it is the only thing that helps. Hugs, elizabeth
Kathy & Rich
on 3/30/06 6:31 am - Fairfax, VA
Sorry to hear the new, Elizabeth. I know you've been having such problems. Hopefully the surgery will fix all your woes. Big hug to you. I hope they figure out what is wrong with me one of these days. Got a CT scan tomorrow. Hopefully no more surgeries for me. Congrats on your amazing weight loss. Definitely good news! Take good care of yourself! Be well! Be happy! Best wishes and hugs, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 7:11 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Elizabeth - I am so sorry about this new turn of events for you. I know you've had trouble, almost from the beginning, haven't you? Hopefully this will take care of that. I always thought that a revision was only if your first surgery wasn't 'working' as far as weight loss, but that certainly isn't the case with you. You couldn'tbe more of a success story for pounds lost. I'm so glad that they've figured this out for you. I know it's been difficult. Take care Elizabeth, and keep us informed. love donna
A10sFrau
on 3/30/06 11:30 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I hope the revision solves all the medical problems. A prayer for healing goes your way! Hello to Mary! Lois
prissy25
on 3/30/06 11:43 am - Barboursville, VA
Elizabeth so sorry to here your still have problems, I hope they all work out real soon for you. Hows the new place? WE missed you guys this past meet hope to see you soon. Take care your in my prayers.
ElizabethC
on 3/31/06 2:11 am - Wirtz, VA
Hey Elizabeth, So sorry to hear that more surgery is in your future I pray that the revision does the trick and you have no more problems!!! At least with the 150+ pounds off, surgery may be a little easier on your body than before your WLS. Take care of yourself and keep us updated! T.O.E. (Elizabeth)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views