Am I losing too much too fast??

ElizabethC
on 3/29/06 7:09 am - Wirtz, VA
Okay, I feel really silly asking this, but I am a little over a week out, and saw my doctor yesterday. Took out the J-P drain (THANK GOD!), and I've lost 23 pounds already. I am excited, but scared! I am on liquids, and adding the protein supplements now (timing the drink/eat thing is not as easy as I thought it would be). Despite being obese, I was always active, and now I can harldy get my butt outta bed I'm so tired! I'm also itching like MAD at my insisions from the adhesive reaction, but dealing with that. I just want to make sure that I'm not losing too fast and doing any damage...I'm having a hard time allowing myself to take in nutrients, for fear that one wrong step and I'll screw everything up. Am I nuts, or just being overly cautious?!?! Elizabeth 341/318/180 pre-op/now/goal
Shanana
on 3/29/06 7:12 am - Altavista, VA
Never say too fast!!!!! It is all the liquids getting rid of fluids. Your Dr would have told you if something seemed wrong. You will get there. The pain pills made me itch too. You will get the nutrients when you start getting real food. Shannon
ElizabethC
on 3/29/06 7:14 am - Wirtz, VA
That was a quick reply! Thanks for the encouragement, Shannon. I suppose I've just had a rough couple of days and am letting myself get too worried...that's what happens when I get bored LOL Hugs! Elizabeth
Kathy & Rich
on 3/29/06 7:25 am - Fairfax, VA
Elizabeth, I know it seems like an incredible amount to lose but accept it with open arms! I remember when Rich had his surgery. He was 437 lbs and he lost 65 lbs in one month. I remember freaking. That was just way, way too fast, right? Then the next month he lost a whopping 40 lbs. I freaked a bit then too. 105 lbs in two months. My gosh... he would be skin and bones if that continued. Well, it didn't continue at that fast pace. I think the next month was 20 and it tapered down each month thereafter. He reached his goal of -205 lbs at the 9-10 month mark and then stopped losing and started maintaining so all worked out just fine. The loss was incredible, just incredible but it worked itself out. Hope that helps a bit! You are doing great. Best wishes, Kathy
Sporty Jill
on 3/29/06 9:44 am - Norfolk, VA
Elizabeth- Sounds like you are doing just fine, despite the itching. Right now, you are on liquids and carrying a bunch of fluids still. Everything will even out as you progress. Keep up the great work, and welcome to the loser's club. Jill 263/188/145
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/29/06 10:38 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Elizabeth, it is soo good to see you posting again. That is a wonderful weight loss and don't worry...alot of it is fluid. You are doing terrific...and I am sooooo proud of you...I hope your recovery is quick and painless...I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to get a chance to meet you someday soon. You will be tired for awhile but you will eventually get your energy back. The itching means it is healing...good news, huh? Keep up the good start and hope to hear from you soon. Love ya.. Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/06 10:50 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Elizabeth - just enjoy it. It will slow down so take the big losses and go with it. Also, as far as the energy, I really didn't have much energy till about six weeks!! I was worried, but it came in time. Be patient, my dear!! That is an awesome weight loss - keep up the good work. love donna
ElizabethC
on 3/29/06 11:04 am - Wirtz, VA
Thank you all for the encouragement and words of wisdom!! Despite all the research, all the support meetings, I s'pose there's always something you didn't expect. I had my first post-op full-out cry today, and couldn't tell heads from tails. Glad to know I'm "normal" and doing okay! I hope all of you have a successful day tomorrow Elizabeth
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 3:56 am - Remington, VA
Elizabeth, Hi. I had my surgery on the 14th and I had a full week of incredible ups and downs! I"m doing much better this week, but last night and thismorning---unusually I started bawling, or wanted to at the sliiliest things. But I'm feeling awesome....point is, it's a rollercoaster! I"m right there with ya! You're doing very well...stay on top of the liquids! Dont be afraid to be creative within your surgeons limits. Keep up the good work! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/06 7:50 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
You're doing GREAT - I can see why such a huge amount could be alarming, I don't think I lost that much my entire FIRST month, but as long as it doesnt continue at that kind of a land slide (you want your body to have times to adjust in stages) ...then you should be fine. We actually have another VA board poster that lost at a RAPID TURBO PACE, Id never seen before or since. I was actually a lil worried about it, but he did absolutely fantastic - his body lost in turbo the first month, then paced itself for the rest of the one year journey and he's healthy, happy and at goal. Anyway - his profile is now under Old Man River, used to be Track McCreary, if I remember correclty, his FIRST 30 days outta' surgery he lost 75 or 80 lbs, which was OVER half of what he needed to lose total. - now that's WARPED speed! Enjoy the loss, Elizabeth, just make sure you have the mindset to realize your body has lots SO MUCH in one week, it may decide to rest/camp for the next three weeks. It's kinda like you got your weight loss present all at once, instead of gradually - so you might have to reflect back to your first weeks happiness to get through the next few weeks of POSSIBLE flusterpation. Congrats on the your current loss - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views