Isopure protein powder

WendyNVA
on 3/28/06 10:02 pm - Va Beach, VA
Did anyone else sign up to receive the sample of Isopure protein powder.. and get the free t-shirt? Got mine, drank it this morning, and was impressed that I didn't gag. So many of the fruity ones make me gag. It had an odd smell as I was gulping it down, but not so much that I couldn't continue. I received the pineapple/bananna/something.. cant remember now LOL.. but the package nutritional info left me shaking my head. It seemed so high in calories, stated that the serving was 2 scoops, but at the bottom of the package it said the sample was 1/2 a serving.. sure seemed like a lot of powder if it was only one scoop? Anyone else try it?
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 10:31 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hey girlfriend, When did you APPLY for the freebie? Do you remember?!? I sent mine out about 3 weeks ago, but havent rec'd anything back yet. Uh, well, unless you stopped by my house and stole it outta' my mailbox? btw - if I get a Fruity Shake Sample, you can have mine. I can't stand anything fruity that's not REAL fruit. Heck, I only sent out for it to get the free T-shirt! Im such a FreebieStuff-****Puppy!
WendyNVA
on 3/28/06 10:35 pm - Va Beach, VA
Girl please, you know better than to ask me a question involving time.. I dont remember what I ate for dinner LAST NIGHT! It was sometime between when the link was posted and now! Hope that helps! And I wore my t-shirt to the gym this morning, love it LOL.. free is always good! I'll take your sample, with 50 grams of protein in 2 scoops, I can do 1 scoop, suck it down in a few ounces of water, and be done! Wendy
Ernurse323
on 3/28/06 11:32 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hiya Wendy.. I didn't see where to order that...but I am glad you could tolerate it !!! Those directions seem pretty shabby and to not give you the full serving is kind of laim..in my opinion. I don't know what I am going to do about this Protein stuff. The milk based ones now make me sick and give me exposive gas ( Okay...I know I could have left that part out..hehe ). The Fuzzy Navel is good..but I am drinking it so much I am afraid I will get turned against it. The Profect makes me sick..but I force myself to drink it. I have taste adversions to everything else I buy that is high in protein. I will like it the first time but not the second. Maybe it is because I am only 3 wks out.... : ( Dana
WendyNVA
on 3/29/06 2:59 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Dana, Most likely, only being 3 weeks out, your taste buds will change drastically over the coming months. I remember mom getting so annoyed with me, cuz my favorite s/f jellos tasted like dirty dishrags, and I kept making her throw the lot out and start over haha. Basically you just gotta suck it down and deal with it, and hope your taste buds change. The reason I DID like this one so much, is that if it was only 1/2 serving, the calories were 1/2, and only needed 6-8 ounces of water to make it.. which gives 25 grams of protein for 1 scoop. Supposedly our bodies can only absorb 30 or less in a setting, so I would hate to drink 50 grams worth, and absorb the extra 100 calories, when the extra 25 protein was flushed thru, ya know? Anyway, I remember early post op, the only way I could "suck down" the protein shakes when doc had me on the liquids only phase, was to blend them with ice.. Had to be super cold, or I'd spew it right back up. Same with water too. As far as the explosive gas.. are you sure you aren't lactose intolerant? I mix my milk-based shakes with Lactaid milk, fat free, and it helps.. .I've become quite lactose intolerant since my 30's. Wendy
shellypoe
on 3/29/06 7:22 am - virginia beach, VA
hi dana, hey i have some isopure dutch chocolate you can try, i have tried so many and this one is sooooo yummy, not too sweet, not thick and chalky, let me know, i can bring ya some by!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 4:09 am - Remington, VA
Hey Dana, Have you tried any of the other Nectar products? Natalie said the tea's good. YOu can order smaples from Susan Maria's site. I"m still waiting on my fuzzy naval and like you am worrie about getting tired o it. Also have yout ried it in other flavors of crystal light? Just to change it up? And anyone else who might get anything from this! Blue Bunny makes a Carb Freedom smoothie...I dont know if it's the greatest as far as carbs/sugars....not that bright! IN one bottle, 10 oz, which is one serving, 6g fat, 5g carbs, 5g sugars, 13g protein. I add anywhey protein powder to it. OH as far as the anywhey goes I dont add a whole scoop as I don't think it would be good that way...but about a 1/4 scoop. The anywhey has 17 g protein per scoop. I also add it to everything else with good flavor. It depends on how well you like it for how much you add! It's supposed to be tasteless and in things with high flavor it is. These smoothies come in blackberry creme, and strawberry creme....good flavor to them! At just over two weeks out i like them because they are a semi liquid consistencyhave the high protein and can add to it. I cant drink but a third at a time, but it racks right up there in one or two of my "meals" for the day. Every little bit counts! The protein in the smoothies is whey also. Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 3/29/06 1:50 am - Fairfax, VA
I got my t-shirt and but got alpine vanilla powder with it. We had tried it in the past and didn't like it so we gave it away. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views