What's the deal with the names?

lawoman
on 3/28/06 9:34 pm - Hellertown, PA
I am always here to listen...one of the things I am best at!! Take care and have a great day!! LA
Sharon Q.
on 3/28/06 9:36 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Gmornin!!! What a sad and oh so depressing post so early in the AM!!! I am devastated!!! I have a lot of military friends, being in this area, and it seems they are all leaving me at once!!! I'm going to have coffee with one of em in a couple hours!! I think from now on it's gonna be a right up front, b4 I let you be my friend question.................ARE YA MILITARY, AND HOW LONG CAN I HAVE YA?????????? WAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So when Paul leaves you can count me in to keep you entertained!! I'm around the puter most of the time, and we can do things together too. Of course, this means if I bring the family down to VABeach we gotta go to the beach!! My kids LOVE the water, and will not think twice about draggin yer butt in with them!! (Did I mention my kids are BIG??) You will get your exercise just avoiding them!! LOL I'll have the camera ready!!! Really though, I'm just an email or phone call away if you need me!!! I honestly don't know how you military wives do it!! XOOXOXOOOXO Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 10:03 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaaw, thank you Sharon! I appreciate your sweet reply!! Not to mention, it cracked me up. Love your DISCLAIMER that comes with all future/new friendships! "Are ya' in the MILITARY?!?...and how flippin' long!" Too cute! This MILITARY living is so completely against my normal anal organized sense of thinking. With the Military, you can give up on making plans of any magnitude. I think the hardest thing for me (and probably Paul) is that in our older years, this is when we're supposed to be settled in, planting roots, paying off mortgages, feeling some sorta sense of "forever" and it's just not the case. Before marrying Paul, I lived in Hawaii for 20 years and Oklahoma for 20 years, I am NOT the type that just ups and moves. Since meeting him? Ive lived in Washington, Virginia and now we're moving again, all in 5 short years. Eeeek! By the way, Id love it if you ended up at the Beach and I PROMISE, as long as you hold my hands (uh, NO pushing) and as long as the kids don't laugh too hard at me, I'll put my toes in the ice(freakn)cold water! Hugs - Lei Pssst... I look forward to YOUR "senseless questions", it's gonna be fun playing withouth knowing the questions in advance! Oh, and pictures, take lots and lots of pictures of yours and Jen's weekend - I'm soooo jealous, but you already know that.
Ms Court
on 3/28/06 10:38 pm - Remington, VA
Ok Lei first things first: Why is everyone's screen name "truncated" ?? - I have noticed that this happens when I have somehow become logged out and the system considers me a guest. When I log back in it goes back to normal (this especially happens after I have cleared my temporary files, cookies, & history) It really sucks that you & Paul are going to have to be apart so much this year. It sure is going to be hard. Might be good for us because we will get more of you for awhile. I can't believe you are gong to have to move. That sucks. I know you (& Paul) will be missed so much. The excitement of going back home, & experiencing something new is pretty cool though. Courtney
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 10:50 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
WOW - that's IT, Courtney! You've figured out the glitch in the system. This morning, when I tried to log on, for some reason OH had me set up as a guest. I just assumed it was because Id' gone several days without accessing the boards. BEFORE sending my post - everything was truncated. To send my post, I had to LOG in under my name, after hitting send on the post, I noticed ALL the names were NORMAL again. Yep - it's gotta be the "guest feature" that's doing it. Not sure how I ended up in guest mode, but Im glad you figured it out. Stuff like that nags at my lil braincell otherwise. I agree, Courtney, being apart is going to suck. It's going to really be a TOUGH year for both of us. It would be so much easier if I didnt love him so MUCH! He absolutely completes me, my mind, heart and soul - corny but true and I'll be lost withouth him! Not to mention ballin' my eyes out, more times then not. Sheeez, I already miss him and he hasnt even left yet! Hugs - Lei
Ernurse323
on 3/28/06 11:40 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Damn Lei..That sucks. I am sorry. Well...wanna start working out together when he leaves? Maybe rollerblading at the beach? I am G tube free you know !!! Will he be here for the Sub Ball? I forgot what Sub you said he was on. Pete retires in 2 years and they keep asking him to reinlist....Ahhhhh..noway...I would rather naw off my right arm !!!! Big Hugs !! Dana
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/06 4:10 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello gorgeous!!! Wow - they sent you home with drains, huh? Yikes, I feel for you - never had those with my RNY, but had too many too count with all the various plastic surgeries. I'm actually looking forward to 2006 and being completely SURGERY free, God willing! I'd love to join you on the boardwalk, um, there's only one problem? I don't know how to rollerblade, not even roller skating with FOUR wheels. We werent allowed to "learn" as kids, had a mother that thrived on paranoia. HOWEVER, if you want to do laps around me while I walk fast, er, okay, maybe not really REALLY fast, but quicker then a tortoise, Id be happy to join you! I love the boardwalk, not only do you have such a gorgeous view of the OCEAN, sand, sun, salt air, breeze, etc, but it's exactly 3 miles long, if I go and come, Ive done six - stick a fork in me, Im done! No, we're not going to make the BALL this year - he's scheduled to go under a few days before. We're hoping now, that'll be put off till the following Monday, so he has the weekend at home - but even that's an unknown. The truth be known, we'd already decided NOT to do the Ball this year. Ive had to major "dress up" nights, this past January, complete with floor length balls, heels and those blasted panty hose that I was kinda burned out on it. Who knows, maybe we can BOTH take in next years - you and your sweety, me and mine? It looks like that'll be the last opportunity. I read in the VA BEACH PARTY Post that you're going to go with us next Friday? TOO COOL - im sooooooooooooooo LOOKING forward to finally meeting YOU!!!!! Just be prepared to dance, dance and dance some more - when we get together as a big group, there are no such thing as "sitting" ...we ALL go out as a group and pretty much own it! Hugs - Lei ..see you next Friday!
Teresa Isphording
on 3/29/06 2:09 am - Knotts Island, NC
What??? Auntie Lei and Uncle Paul might be leaving us???? Sarah will just have to get in as much spoiling time from Auntie Lei as possible. Even if you have to leave us I will make sure Sarah always knows how wonderful her Auntie is. Hugs Teresa
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/06 4:14 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Teresa ~ Speaking of sweet Sarah, when do we get to see her? hmmmm? It's been so long (doing the math here, 26.5 years) since Keoni was that small, that I honestly forget when the doc says its "safe to mingle with outside germs". Was it 2 weeks? ...or 4 weeks? Can't wait to see you BOTH!! Hugs ~ Lei
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/06 3:13 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Lei, nope, I won't let you go!! You can't. I just won't have it. I am writing to the Navy about this. You know I have connections, don't you!! Lei, I don't even know what to say. Except that we have been able to have this fantastic friendship without seeing each other that much, so I am hopeful, in fact I insist, that it will continue. I was just checking in on the board after cleaning my stupid carpets cause the dogs got them all dirty from the rain, and lo and behold there is this post from you. And it's like almost the last sentence!! Like an afterthught. I am such a whiner, I would have listed that as the subject line and continue on forever. Much like I'm doing here. I am so bummed. Greg is 'unreachable' today except for emergencies, and so of course I have to finish this so I can contact him (this is an emergency) and let him know. Lei, I don't think I'm going to be able to cruise. But I know we'll see each other in June at Richmond, but I want us to try to get together more while Paul is gone. I'm just so bummed right now, Lei. love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views