Another hurdle to jump!

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 7:38 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaw Christine, That's TERRIBLE news and I know how aggra'd you are - I really thought (hoped) that this was the last of it and your approval was the next step. I KNOW you felt the same way so this has got to be like a kick in the gut. I totally and completely agree with Carole (that's why she's one of my bestest buddies -- she gives such GREAT advice, oh and she doesnt even CHARGE me like most "shrinks" would) ....anyway, I agree with her - YOU are the paying customer, you pretty much have the right to ask and demand (within reason) and if YOU are willing to take the gamble -- without anymore delays (like the supervised diet) then put your foot down and request/demand that they file it. Ive said it a thousand times - so what's one more? The absolutely HARDEST part of this entire journey (for me and many many more) is the PREOP stages of getting approved. Hang in there sweety - and Ive seen that ***** and tenacity of yours in person, now introduce it to your surgeons staff! Sorry you can't join us Thursday night (yes, I found your email in the Spam Folder) ....lol, don't take that personal though, Im one of the few people I know who actually loves SPAM (er, the kind you can fry up and eat) ...and YES, Lunch next week sounds great. Let me know when you're free, since your schedule is so much more taxing then mine. Hugs ~ Lei .
Christine Hood
on 3/29/06 12:05 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
So I'm SPAM!! I'd never even heard of that stuff until I came to VA and now I'm it...Lunch Meat!! I am planning to become the biggest pain that they have ever met (surgeon's office and Aetna)... My schedule should be starting to lighten up a bit so I should have most of the week open (lunch-wise). I'll let you know Monday as my boss sometimes likes to throw curve balls on Mondays. Miss ya! Christine
Sporty Jill
on 3/28/06 8:19 pm - Norfolk, VA
Christine- Do not give up. It is SO worth waiting. There are many people here who had to fight for well over a year to get insurance, or doctors, to give their approval. And I tell ya what, they would do it again. Just don't give up. Find out what the insurance company's requirements are and follow them to a "t". They will do whatever to stall or make you frustrated to a point where you give up. Do not give up. This is YOUR life, not there's. Jill 263/188/145
WendyNVA
on 3/28/06 10:03 pm - Va Beach, VA
Christine, That just plain BITES. Call the insurance company, and fight it.. I'd waste an appeal, for sure! Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views