Has anyone gotten nervouse & jittery when thinking about getting surgery

KathyT
on 3/28/06 5:39 am - Dale City, VA
I haven't even seen the nut. yet but sometimes I just get kind of over whelmed with the thought of the surgery and the way of life. Also, in the back of my mind I keep hearing what if you don't make it but I know if I continue to go as I am my life is in jepordy also. It's like I'm nervouse and excited at the same time.
Kathy & Rich
on 3/28/06 7:03 am - Fairfax, VA
Kathy, What you are experiencing is 100% normal. We've probably all been there, done that. Making the decision to have surgery isn't an easy one and it comes along with questions, fears, anticipation, and excitement all rolled into one. At 10 months post-op, obviously my new way of life is simply my way of life now. You adapt to it and it becomes the new norm. I'm very blessed to have only gotten sick twice - both self-inflicted and caused by eating too fast or not chewing well enough. Also, I'm blessed that my body tolerates foods very well and has all along. I haven't tried sugar though and assume I dump so I haven't been there and don't intend to either. Best wishes to you on your journey, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 9:20 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kathy , Nervous or Jittery .. yes many many times . It is normal . This right now is the unknown to you . And this way of life is nothing to take lightly or take for granted . I can tell you that my decision to have this surgery was one to save my life .. and it did .. so far...so freaking Awesome !!! The lifestyle is one that you will adapt to . I will not sit here and tell you it is easy .. it is not . It is a lifestyle that YOU .. must control .. and you must dictate . It is a lifestyle not entered into lightly .. but saying that the outcome .. the perseverence .. the trial and error .. will land you thinner .. and healthier than you can ever -- ever imagine .. So yes .. it is ok to be nervous .. I would suggest going on OH and reading profiles, doing research on the surgery itself .. and just letting it happen . If you ever doubt that this lifestyle is one for you .. or you are not sure of .. it is best that you follow your heart .. as only you will know what is right for you . If you do decide to have surgery , just know that we here on the VA board and myself will be here for you .. to help you .. to encourage you and to embrace you when you just feel like there is no end to the madness .. Best to you .. and just know that you are loved no matter what ! Always, Natalie
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/28/06 9:26 am - Danville, VA
Oh my goodness, Kathy, you are soooo normal. I went through it all myself but it is the best thing I have ever done for ME...I had mine in Dec and have lost 62 pounds...and still dropping. It is such a wonderful journey and one I would do again..It is amazing the changes you experience. I am now in a size 14 jeans and before surgery I couldn't find any to fit except for the stretch ones. This board is wonderful with information and encouragement. This is a decision only you can make but there are so many of us who have done so well. If you want to talk more, you can email me. Hugs, betsy
Ernurse323
on 3/28/06 9:53 am - Virginia Beach, VA
HI Kathy...I can't say it better than what the other guys have..but I can encourage and cheer you on. You are 31 years young. Imagine how you are going to feel when you are at your goal weight. I had mine done March 7th...I don't miss the food at all. The surgery just does something to your appetite...it goes away. I am able to walk past the twinkies, ice cream, and all the other things that I use to love more than my husband...LOL Good Luck on your decision..I think we all have been there. Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 7:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Kathy ~ It's perfectly normal to be nervous right before our surgery. It's that built in "caution" mechanism that we were all born with. You're going to be FINE and you have to believe in yourself, your months of research, your choice of doctors and ultimately your decision. Soon, you'll be updating us, telling us it went just fine and how happy you are to be on this path to your new life. The week before my surgery I was on a natural high, almost a euphoric state of mind. I couldn't believe I was getting that "second" chance ...to LIVE life again!!!! I wish you all the success and happiness that comes with being healthier and thinner. Yep, there can be challenges along the way, but no worse then sitting on the sidelines - confined by our overweight shells. I'll end my reply with one of my FAVORITE quotes. It's so intune to US and our decisions to regain our lives! ~ Lei Quote: "To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny." -- Alan Cohen .
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/06 11:13 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Kathy, as everyone has said, completely normal. I think once I got within a few months, I really calmed down and just got excited. But that is the one good thing about you going through the six months - you will have time to really get comfortable with your decision, and to know 100% that what you are doing is the right thing. But the timing gives you that opportunity, so continue to research, ask questions, and enjoy the process. Love donna
KathyT
on 3/30/06 4:38 am - Dale City, VA
Thank you all for your replies. It helps to know that it is a normal process! I am looking forward to it!! I am already thinking as I wear some of my clothes "This time next year I won't fit into them at all".
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views