Spilling da beans...

KathieKathie
on 3/28/06 1:34 am - Manassas, VA
Well, I think it's safe now to spill the beans - or at least a few of them. The movers are booked, confirmed, deposit made, and all that stuff. I am combining households with Jim -- will be moving in with him, into OUR home in Gainesville/Bristow, on May 26. Oh my gosh, my head is just spinning... all I can think of right now is I NEED BOXES! In the coming weeks, I've got to start "purging" some things (besides my closet, LOL!) as well. Hey, does anyone know if moving/yard sale notice type things are kosher on here? If not, I'll be posting to the NOVA email lists and craigslist what I'm selling off in terms of clothing (yeah, I over-shopped this year, I have stuff with tags still on it that I just won't be wearing!), furniture, and household goods that I just simply won't need anymore. There's also a possibility in the near future we're going to look at homes in King George County - preferably close to the Brooke station on VRE Fredericksburg line. How are resources in the F'burg/Stafford area, anyways??? Can anyone give me some pointers? I'm leery about leaving Manassas, this is home and a BIG comfort zone for me . But yanno, in order to GROW, you've got to LET GO. So that's what I'm doing! ~Kathie
A10sFrau
on 3/28/06 1:43 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
How exciting!! I can remember those days (barely)! Congratulations on you new future. Godspeed in your move! Lois
Ms Court
on 3/28/06 1:48 am - Remington, VA
Congratulations Kathie. I am glad you two were able to work things out. I definitely understand the fears of change. I wish you both the best. Courtney
Tam
on 3/28/06 2:00 am - Richmond, VA
Kathie, Congratulations on the big move. Please e mail me what you are selling as I have a good friend that is moving out from being with someone and needs just about everything! We are in Richmond but do not mind the drive. We are up there almost every other weekend anyway! Tammy C
Sharon Q.
on 3/28/06 2:14 am - Fredericksburg, VA
HEY...............ya know what happens when ya hold in too many beans?? Just ask my kids!! LOL I am soooooo happy for you and Jim!! I knew I liked him!! Let me know if I can help at all. I'm in Fbg, and know a little about the housing market here. I know Rick is in Stafford, probably knows some too. It's a big step, and a HUGE pain in the hiney to move, but it will be so awesome when it's done!! Don't worry about moving out of your comfort zone................I've moved to 4 different states now, you are outgoing like me, you'll be fine!!! Just have to be resigned to the fact that there's no going back, make it work right where you are!! YOU GO GIRLY!!! XOOOXOOXOOXOXO Sharon
KathieKathie
on 3/28/06 2:35 am - Manassas, VA
Hmmmmm... musical fruit!!! Yummm! F'burg/Stafford is still just a small thought... it's not definite yet. Heck, we've not even looked very much yet. We've just done some peeking at the listings, enough to know that the housing down there is insanely cheap compared to up here, and, the trip via VRE is the same amount of time from where we are and from Brooke. I guess the big decision we need to make is, is it worth where we are to be crammed into a smaller place and have the convenient access to DC and points north/west, or do we want more bang for our buck in housing, have room to breathe, and peace and quiet.... but a sucky haul up to NOVA for stuff. Oh well, plenty of time for that decision later! ~K
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 2:22 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Kathie, boo, I'm going to miss you at the NOVA things!! This is a big deal for you, I know. I'm sure the process to get this point has been tedious to say the least. Good luck Kathie. I am going to miss you, but I know this is something that will really make you happy. I'm real happy for you! love donna
KathieKathie
on 3/28/06 2:38 am - Manassas, VA
Oh, sweetie, I'll still come to NOVA stuff! Gainesville is only one exit past Manassas on 66, that's not far at all. I'm even still getting to the same train station I used before, so not much is changing for me except my zip code. Even if we do decide to opt for a Stafford address, that won't happen for a little while. And I'll STILL come up for NOVA stuff. You're not getting rid of me that easily! ~K
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 2:49 am - Fairfax Station, VA
that's great!! I am so bad on where towns are it's not even funny!! I'm glad you'll still be close Kathie. Oh, and as far as your 'stuff', it would be great to have like a boutique sale or something like that. I would sure drop by and shop!! That would be fun. love donna
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 2:56 am - Remington, VA
Kathie, Love is in the air! Congratulations! Good luck on your move and your new life! Kirsten
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views