OT: It's official, it's off to Florida

MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/27/06 8:28 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Well, my friends and family. It's official. My husband got his orders for a Florida squadron (NAS Jacksonville base) and we'll be leaving at the end of July. When the weather gets a little warmer, maybe we can have a picnic again at Mt. Trashmore or somewhere in the area. I'd love to be able to see everyone at least one last time before we shuffle back to our home state. Our parents are ecstatic as we'll now be at least 10 hrs drive closer to them. LOL. Thanks to everyone for all the support and love you've given me to make it through this journey. Hugs, Tonya 405/379/256/180 (high/surgery/current/goal)
Sporty Jill
on 3/27/06 8:33 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hate to see ya go - especially before getting a chance to meet ya face to face. But, I know how the Navy must call. Let's all get together and do something at mt. trashmore - sounds fun! Jill 263/189/145
Ms Court
on 3/27/06 10:22 pm - Remington, VA
Wow Tonya how exciting it must be to be going off to somewhere new. Keep up posted about what is going on with your journey. Courtney
A10sFrau
on 3/27/06 11:49 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Sign me up for the picnic! I said I want to meet you before you disappear! Lois
cappymoon
on 3/28/06 12:39 am - Northern, VA
Wow, that is good news to be closer to your folks Let us know if you plan something down in VA beach, I might be able to make it down there depending on the date. And dont you dare become a stranger around here, you are a staple now Dianna
wanda
on 3/28/06 12:50 am
Tonya, You'll enjoy Jacksonville. We moved to Richmond from Jacksonville, and lived about 10 miles from NAS JAX. We lived on Fleming Island and I enjoyed it a lot. Good luck to you and you still HAVE to keep in touch with us! Wanda
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/28/06 5:18 am - Danville, VA
Oh Tonya...I am so sorry to lose you...please stay in touch but I know you will love Jacksonville...I did...You take care of yourself cause we still love ya whether you are here or there. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/06 9:20 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello (again) Tonya!!! Just saw YOUR post about shipping out as well - wow, so they're sending you to FLORIDA, huh? I love the area you'll be heading too - spent a week in Jacksonville last summer, when Paul's sub came up for air, it was gorgeous!!! Hey? Looks like I might be out there again THIS summer, since the sub is scheduled to end up there again, maybe we can hook up (if you're settled in by then) while Im in FLORIDA, too?? I'm SO happy this puts you both closer to family - that's one of the toughest things for Paul and I right now. My family is in Hawaii, 10K miles away, and his is in WA, 5K miles away. It's tough! Count me in for the picky'nick at Trashmore! Hugs - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views