Question - Help Needed Please . . .

lookin2lose2
on 3/27/06 8:53 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Today is my two month surgervisary and all has been going great. Here is my question this weekend I used the elliptical machine and walked quite a bit outside and now my tummy feels sore - not pain but sore. My Dr. allows us to walk and do low intense excercise but now my stomach feels sore around my incision again not pain but like I've done a ton of sit-ups. Has anyone else experienced this before? Any replies are greatly appreciated. Jean
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/27/06 10:09 am - Staunton, VA
Hi, Jean! I'm sorry that I don't have any advice for you other than maybe you should call your doc's office about this. Actually, I just wanted to say to you! JoAnn
lookin2lose2
on 3/27/06 10:11 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Hi JoAnn, Thanks for your responding. I hope all is going great for you - you little petite thing . . . a ray of sunshine is what I think of when I see your face on here. I remember you from the meet and greet in Charlottesville and you had the best energy - *****y . . . I love it! Jean
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/27/06 10:47 am - Jacksonville, FL
Jean, I have, but not from the elliptical. Basically you're now using muscles that haven't been used in a while and that's why it feels like you've done a ton of situps. Think about it. All that loose muscle under the fading fat suddenly being put through lots of exercise. Before, when I was huge (around 400 lbs), I hunched over a lot and used my back muscles more to walk. Now, 100+ lbs lighter, I stand upright and walk more than I ever did. I'm now using those muscles in ways and to limits I've previously avoided. You'll be fine. Just start slow into exercise and let the sore go away a bit before pushing that elliptical again. Hugs, Tonya 405/379/256/180 (high/surgery/current/goal)
lookin2lose2
on 3/27/06 10:12 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Tonya, Thanks for responding! I think you hit the nail on the head and that is why I feel so sore. I actually feel a tad better today and not so sore. You have done AMAZING in your weight loss journey! Jean
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/27/06 10:59 am - Danville, VA
Hi Jean...You sound like you are doing wonderfully...just don't do too much...let your body build up. You are probably just using muscles you haven't used in a long time. Walking is great excersise...I try to walk every day...weather permitting it. Hugs, Betsy
lookin2lose2
on 3/27/06 10:14 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Betsy, I LOVE your new picture you look AWESOME! I think you right my muscles have been chilling and now they are like you want to use us I'm going to stick with walking for now until the soreness goes away. Jean
yvette223
on 3/27/06 9:15 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Hi Jean, How the heck are you, just wanted to say hello hugs yvette
lookin2lose2
on 3/27/06 9:59 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Hi Yvette, I'm doing good!! I guess I need to slow down a bit. My soreness feels alot better today and I'm going to take it easy for the next few days and not try to be a Sheera!! I hope all is going well with you. Hugs, Jean
Ms Court
on 3/27/06 10:18 pm - Remington, VA
Hello gorgeous. I am so happy to hear you are doing so well. I have another thought for you to consider. I still have some pain around my incision on some days and when I mentioned it at my 3 month appointment the nurse said that the internal stitches will take a lot longer to heal and that some days it might hurt and some days it might not. Keep up the excellent work. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views