Questions about nutrition

RichmondRandy
on 3/27/06 5:49 am - Wytheville, VA
Hello everyone, Hope you are all doing well...I am, but im having some questions on nutrition...How much protein is good/excellent, and how much is to much..also the same question with water..I am doing Nectar for protein...with that, do i need to eat much food..or is the nutrients in Nectar enough..also how many calories/protein/fat/carbs are recommended..i would appreciate all info...i usually forget some of these questions when i am on the phone with the nutritionist..I feel im doing well with weightloss, but i have got in a habbit of weighing daily now that my home scales will weigh me...thats not good as there will be ups and downs daily..Also, im looking for suggestions on places to exercise in Richmond..Im finally getting use to the city, and am now able to drive here,LOL! Thanks for all the info...hope you all have a great week... Randy 453/438/341/185 consult/pre-op/current/goal
Ernurse323
on 3/27/06 7:16 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Randy...Congrats on your weight loss..WOW !!!! I was told by my doc to keep my Protein at at least 100 Grams a day. There is a formula for it per body weight somewhere. Also..I was told to at least get 64 ounces of fluid a day. Your other questions about the carbs, fat and total calories depends on what your doctor suggests for you individually. I have heard to keep calories at 900/day. I will be asking these things on my next appointment also. I have to admit...I get most all my protein from the Fuzzy navel nectar also. It is just so easy that way to get in liquid and protein. Where to work out in Richmond...I couldn't tell ya cuz I live in Va Beach !!!! ~~~~ Good Luck to you...You are doing so well !!!!! Dana
Linda Y.
on 3/28/06 1:57 am - Portsmouth, VA
Randy, your doing great, keep up the good work. My Dr. said 30 gr. from food & 35-40 gr. from protein supplements per day (use these between meals). As for water, 48 oz/day MINIMUM...protein shakes count too! I'm suppose to follow the 3 or less fat & sugar grams per meal, but that is hard to find. But remember, if something has 15 gr. of sugar or fat or whatever, (for example) for the entire pkg. divide that by the actual amount you consume...1 oz. or 2 oz. or whatever amount you eat. I'm suppose to stay away for breads, rice, pastas & alike. If I do have any carbs they should be whole grains or the good stuff! I hope this helps, Anastasia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views