Hi Everyone:) I am back

DeniseinVA
on 3/26/06 9:39 am - Midlothian, VA
I havent been on for awhile because it was really hard to get downstairs to my computer. I had my surgery on 2/20. All went well. I had additional surgeries along with my bypass. Thank God I chose the doctor that I did. He worked on me for close to 7 hours. My bypass went excellent and I am doing really well. As for the hernia repair, I am still having pain and its taking its time to heal. My healing time has been upped from 6 weeks to 3 to 6 months. I want to thank all of you for your prayers. Thank you also to Tammy C. She came and visited me in the hospital and was wonderful. She is so beautiful inside and out!!! So far I have lost 27 lbs. I feel can eat a lot but the Nurse said I am doing fine. Its good to be up and around. Denise in VA
TSChisom
on 3/26/06 12:49 pm - Moneta, VA
Welcome back Denise! I am so glad to hear that you are back and doing well with all that you have went through. May you feel the peace of God in your every day journey and feel his presence in everything that comes your way. God bless you and keep up the good work! Love and Hugs, Tammy Chisom
WendyNVA
on 3/26/06 6:21 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Denise, Sounds like you're on the mend, and doing well. Congrats on the 27 pounds, keep up the good work Wendy
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/27/06 1:55 am - Jacksonville, FL
Welcome to the losing side, hon. As far as eating a lot, write it all down and you'll see how little it really is. Right after my surgery, I felt like I was eating all the time and while I was, it was so little that it rarely added up to more than 400 calories a day for the first few weeks. Now, I'm up to around 900-1200 a day and still losing. Grats and hope to hear wow moments as the come along. Hugs, Tonya
Tam
on 3/27/06 2:51 am - Richmond, VA
Welcome back! I have missed you and been worried. I left a couple of messages at your house checking on you. Let me know when a good time to call is and I will check on you some more! Glad you are doing better. Tammy C
Chyanne2u
on 3/27/06 3:53 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Denise, It is so good to see you on the board again. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and are up and around. Just take it easy and do what your doctor tells you to do. I know you're going to do fine. It is going to take you some time to get back in the full swing of things considering all of what you had done during your surgery. Don't feel you have to jump back as fast as someone who just had a regular bypass. Not that I am making light of the seriousness of this surgery, I am just saying yours was extensive. I have been meaning to call you but there just never seems to be enough time in the day. Be in touch with me when ever you want. I will always have time to talk to you. You have become a very special friend of mine and I can't wait to meet you face to face. But we have become very good "phone buddies". Take care and be in touch when you can. Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views