I took the first step

KathyT
on 3/22/06 12:12 pm - Dale City, VA
I went to the doctor today and said I wanted to have Gastric Bypass and she gave me a referral to the nutrionist. Thanks to those who have Kaiser who answered my questions. I will be making that appointment tomorrow so hopefully they can get me in soon.
A10sFrau
on 3/22/06 6:53 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations on that big first step, Kathy! Lois
wanda
on 3/22/06 8:14 pm
Good for you Kathy! Best wishes on your journey. WLS has been absolutely wonderful for me. ~Wanda
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/22/06 9:10 pm - Danville, VA
Kathy, That is wonderful news. I have no regrets about having the surgery 3 months ago...it has been a wonderful journey. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck. Hope to see you posting often. Hugs, Betsy
Julie R.
on 3/22/06 10:49 pm - Belspring, VA
That's great Kathy! Keep us posted on how things go. Julie
Lelandmm
on 3/23/06 12:13 am - Chesapeake, VA
Congratulations Kathy! I had seen the same practice for years dealing with my migraines and horrible back pain. Finally, I got a different doctor at the practice and she said right off the bat "I think you need to have a gastric bypass". I was SHOCKED and INSULTED! Clearly, I could not be THAT fat could I? I hade done no research, I just ASSUMED it was only for someone who was well over 500lbs or something. It turns out, I had to change from the HMO to PPO to get it covered, and that was the reason no doctor had mentioned it to me before. They knew from looking at my HMO insurance that it wasn't covered, so why get me interested in something my insurance didn't cover. The only thing I will say, is I wish I had done it SOONER! I wish I had this surgery along time ago. I think back of what I missed in my life being heavy and miserable. I hope everything goes well through the process! Just remember, keep every piece of paperwork, keep all your appointments, get everything done they ask. Leland
KathyT
on 3/23/06 5:13 am - Dale City, VA
Thank-you to all of you. I went on Kaisers website and they have a thing where you can schedule appointments so hopefully I will hear something soon. They are supposed to get back to you within 24 hours so I should hear something tomorrow. I was also glad to find out that I don't have to go to D.C. to have it done that they have someone in Virginia. I am hoping it is Dr. Anez!
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/06 5:20 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Kathy, I am sorry I missed your earlier post, I guess, about Kaiser, but I had the surgery done with Kaiser, and I have nothing but good raves to say. I did the nutrition bit for six months, started in January and had my surgery in September. I had it by Dr. Paul Lin at George Washington University hospital. He is awesome. I love him and his staff. If you have any questions please post (or email me) and I'll try to be more watchful on the board!! I know there are several on the board who have Kaiser. It is a process, but I was thankful for it since it gave me the opportunity to really figure this thing out (or at least try to!!). love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views