One year out today!

Susan E.
on 3/22/06 10:21 am - Purcellville, VA
Well here I sit 1 year later trying to put my thoughts together and reflect on how my life has changed. Wow, I could have never imagined myself at this weight ever, without this surgery. It has been clearly the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. And not knowing a sole who had ever had it done before. Boy was it scary. And I really did not get support from those around me. My husband didn't oppose, but I can't say he was for it either. He thought it was too drastic. My daughter was supportive though. And I relied almost 24 hours a day on the wealth of information I could get from peoples profiles on Obesity Help. I could not have made this courageous move forward in my life without it. The girls I work with thought it was too dangerous and I was not "BIG" enough. My other friends, I did not tell until 3 weeks after it was done. I am proud that I have made positive changes in my life. I feel healthier. I have more energy. My labs are right on target. And shopping has become quite a past time of mine. I don't feel like I stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd anymore. I just blend in and that feels great. But I also know I have a distorted image of myself. I still see the bigger me when I look in the mirror. I feel somewhat disappointed because my goal was to have lost at least 100 pounds at 1 year out. The last 20 pounds have been slow getting off. I have lost 90 to 95 pounds (depending on the day) That is disappointing to me (I know, cry, snivel and whine) I will not give in though. I will keep on trying. I know I have not failed. It is very hard not to compare yourself to others. But we do. I will work on that. I feel blessed I was able to have this surgery. I am very lucky. I have had zero side effects from it. I do not throw up, I do not dump. The worst was the hair loss but it does come back and it is all worth it. I thank everyone from OH you have been there for me and you don't even know me. You are the reason for my success. Thanks for your support and encouragement. love to all, Susan
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/22/06 10:41 am - Danville, VA
Happy rebirthday to you....Awww, Susan, I miss you soo much. You are beautiful and such a sweet spirit. You have done amazing and I am so proud of you. Just look at how beautiful you are and so much healthier. I would love to hear from you... Hugs, Betsy
Susan E.
on 3/23/06 7:07 am - Purcellville, VA
Hi Betsy, I miss you too. Your picture looks great. You keep getting younger and younger looking. Way to go! Doris Day! I hear your new home is very cute and you have it fixed up so nice. Thats awsome. Sorry to hear about you bum car though. Things will get better. Thanks for my well wishes. Miss You, Susan
TSChisom
on 3/22/06 10:42 am - Moneta, VA
I am so proud of you Susan. Your post has really meant a lot to me. I am scheduled for surgery on March 28 so you really brought sunshine to my world. You keep up the good work and if you ever want to talk, email me. Thank you for your encouragement! Love and Hugs, Tammy Chisom
Susan E.
on 3/23/06 7:11 am - Purcellville, VA
Hi Tammy, OMG your surgery is just days away. How are feeling? I am so excited for you. You will love what each new day brings to you. Remember to take it slow the first few weeks. Let us all know about your progress. Congrats on a new journey. Hugs Susan
A10sFrau
on 3/22/06 7:01 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Happy rebirthday, Susan! Lois
Susan E.
on 3/23/06 7:13 am - Purcellville, VA
Thanks Lois, I hear you doing great. Enjoying riding you bike on these nice few days we have had so far. Hope many more approach us soon. I need some sunshine. Thanks, Susan
Shanana
on 3/22/06 7:48 pm - Altavista, VA
Congrats Susan!! You have done great!! You look wonderful. My weight loss is picking back up but I think its cause I havent felt really well. My body is rejecting alot of stuff like never before. May be the pesty gall bladder. Hope to see you again soon. Shannon
Susan E.
on 3/23/06 7:16 am - Purcellville, VA
Hey Girl, sorry to hear about that pesky gall bladder. Bummer. I'm glad your wt loss is picking back up. You have done great. Guess you body just needed a break. Hope to see you in June. Sounds like a great time again. Hugs, Susan
Sharon Q.
on 3/22/06 9:53 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Ya know I was just waiting for you to post something so I could reply!! Had no idea you were close to your one year or we'd have toasted to that while we were out too!! Just wanted to say I'm sooooooo happy I finally had the chance to talk to you and get to know you on Sat. night!! I had an absolute blast with you, and the pictures are hysterical!! (Jen has em on her camera.) We have to get together and do more stuff now. Didn't you say you do the camping thing too? I think I was telling hubby about that. We will have to get together and do stuff this summer, and of course, b4!! Great job on your loss, everybody goes at their own pace and we all get there at the end!! Just keep on keepin on!!!! OXOOXOXOXOOOXOXOXOXOOXOXO Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views