One year ago today!

Dave
on 3/22/06 3:47 am - Palmyra, VA
Last year on this date I weighed 375 odd pounds and was just coming out of surgery. I had a rough day or two (thanks to the Morphine) but once I got home, my life has changed forever. I've made some great friends here on this board and others (the sex board especially) and having met a good number of you, I can tell that almost all of us share the joy of starting over with our "rebirth". It's just a super feeling knowing that I'm healthier, trimmer (but still way too heavy) and more athletic -I couldn't walk a quarter mile one year ago yet I climbed mountains last fall and really enjoyed it while hunting for the first time in decades. The quality of my life has changed 100 times for the better and alot of it has to do with the posts and information I've found on this board. Yes, I've worked hard but I thank each of you for getting me to this point. I'm still losing and will continue to work hard but if I don't lose another pound, I'll live longer and happier than if I didn't have the surgery! Dave C (375/235 today 140 pounds in 12 months)
Ms Court
on 3/22/06 4:00 am - Remington, VA
Happy Rebirthday Dave. Glad that things are going so great and you are loving life. Keep up the good work. Courtney
Kathy & Rich
on 3/22/06 4:00 am - Fairfax, VA
Great job, Dave! We all love ya (and Natalie too, of course). Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/22/06 6:08 am - Danville, VA
Dave, that is wonderful...happy rebirthday...You certainly have done well and glad to see that you are enjoying your life more. I know that in 3 short months, my life has changed drastically but most for the good. I am at a plateau right now but working on changing that. Can't wait to see you again. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/06 7:52 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Dave, I remember when you had surgery. You were one of the first 'friends' I was especially interested in. I remember hearing how you were doing so well on treading, and walking around your building after you went back to work. You have really done great. It's been fun watching you shrink!! I love your family -- Natalie and your darling boys. You're a lucky man!! love donna
Cinderellen
on 3/22/06 8:10 am - Winterville, NC
Congrats Dave!!! I have benefitted so much from your wisdom and experiences. It was a priviledge to watch you shrink and talk to you firsthand about your journey. I miss my friends in Fluvanna, especially you, Natalie, and the boys. Congratulations again on your marvelous new life!! ~Ellen
WendyNVA
on 3/22/06 10:00 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Dave, Its just amazing, isn't it? When you sit and think of things you couldn't do a year ago, compared to now... unstoppable! Keep up the great work, and enjoy. Wendy
A10sFrau
on 3/22/06 10:28 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Happy rebirthday, Dave--from BV! Lois
TSChisom
on 3/22/06 11:03 am - Moneta, VA
Way to go Dave! I have read your profile and kept up with you within the past 3 months. You have come a long way and have been blessed! You take care of yourself, continue to work towards your goal and take it one day at a time. Congrats to you Love and Hugs, Tammy Chisom
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/06 6:47 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Sorry I am late posting Sweety , but I just cannot begin to tell you how proud I am of you . I too like the others a year ago - remember o so well when you had your surgery . I have followed your success from the begining . Happy Re-Birthday ... Know that you did this .. You have conquered the hurdles . Big Hugs to you ! Natalie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views