Sore loser at 2 wk check up....

Ernurse323
on 3/21/06 11:16 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Talking about disappointment...I got on the scales and only lost 13lbs in 2 wks. I started to get teary. The NP asked me what was wrong and I told her I felt like a failure...so many people lose so much weight during the first few weeks and I only lost 13lbs. It seems like I lost much less than that actually....according to my scales it was only like 6 lbs that I lost. I know you can't compare apples and oranges, so to speak, but I felt very discouraged. Woo is me...Sorry..just wanted to whine a little. Dana
Ms Court
on 3/21/06 11:20 pm - Remington, VA
Dana I feel your pain. I am a slow loser period and get really frustrated. You have done excellent though, could you have lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks before. Please remember though that you may have gained while in the hospital from the fluids and have probably actually lost more than that. I did find earlier out that the first thing I needed to do to really help my loss was to increase my water. Make sure you keep on sipping. Courtney
Ernurse323
on 3/24/06 5:37 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Court...I will try to up my water. You are the best !!! Thanks for being so encouraging !!! Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/22/06 12:10 am - Danville, VA
Aww, Dana...I know how you feel...I have been stuck at a plateau for almost 4 weeks and am beginning to wonder if I am a failure at this...Some don't have as much to lose as others and sometimes the "light weights" have a much harder time of losing. You are doing great and probably still full of fluids from the surgery... I sure hope mine picks up soon.... Hugs, Betsy
Julie R.
on 3/22/06 12:44 am - Belspring, VA
Hi Dana 13 pounds isn't bad for the first two weeks especially since you started out with a lower BMI than many. I've been a little discouraged myself because as of 4 weeks I had lost 22 pounds. That seemed like a small amount compared to everyone else too, but we are all individuals. I know it will come off, but like you, I started out with a lower BMI. Right now we need to focus on the rules, get in our exercise, and the rest will follow. As someone told me earlier, at least by loosing the weight a little slower, our skin will have a better chance to adjust to the changes. It can be difficult to look on the positive side, but it is important to keep up your spirits. 13 pounds!!! That is awesome! Keep up the good work Julie
Ernurse323
on 3/24/06 5:41 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Julie !! Thanks for your positive words. It is still frustrating, I swear. But you are right. I need to stay off the scales and remember the basics. Keep up the good work yourself..you are doing great !!!! Hugs, Ddana
cappymoon
on 3/22/06 1:48 am - Northern, VA
Ohh, Dana, please dont beat yourself up over this...you are doing FINE As I see it, 13lbs in 14 days = 1 lb a day. These are fabulous numbers!! I started with a BMI of 57 and had lost 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks, so with your lower BMI, you are doing great!! Keep up the good work, and have faith that this will work for you, as it already has Talk to you soon!! Dianna
Ernurse323
on 3/24/06 5:44 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Dianna. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy about your dad. I read your profile again and it was so amazing to watch you slim down in your pictures. I hope your dad posts his also. Didn't your sis have this done also? You are such an inspiration to many. You look great !!!!!! Hugs, Dana
Sharon Q.
on 3/22/06 2:09 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Whine away baby!! We're here for ya!! Just remember we are also here when you've reached your goal and want to gloat!! LOL Everything that's worth anything takes time............just keep on keepin on.......won't be long and you'll be strutin your stuff!!! XOOXOOXOOXO Sharon
Kathy & Rich
on 3/22/06 2:26 am - Fairfax, VA
Feel free to whine! It is so hard NOT to compare yourself to others. Be patient with your body. It is unique and will do things on it's own schedule and in its own time - sometimes that is good, sometimes that isn't good. You are doing great! Hugs, Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views