Need a few prayers please

mel
on 3/21/06 5:13 am - roanoke, VA
My prayers are with your dad and for you. I pray God will open the doors and see him through this surgery and quitting smoking. Keep us informed of his status. Love and Hugs, Melannie
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 6:35 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Melanie, your words mean alot to me right now....he just needs to get everything in order post haste and he has no clue on how to do that. Hopefully with me going to the appointment Friday, I can ask the right questions and tell him where to go from there. And if I dont know the answer, I will be posting it here for sure!! Dianna
cpatters
on 3/21/06 6:02 am - Rockingham County, VA
Concider prayers comming at you. I will pray for him and for you. Not to mention your family. God bless you. Cathy
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 6:36 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Cathy, all these kind words mean the world to me. He needs all the prayers he can get to get this surgery as soon as possible. It feels like he is working against the clock..... Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 7:49 am - Henrico, VA
Hey Dianna, My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your Dad this week! I am so glad that you get to go with him on Friday....having been there/done that you will be able to help him better understand all that lies ahead for him. See, all your research not only helped you, but now you can help him too! I hear ya on the smoking thing, my dad was forced to quit a few years ago after smoking for about 55 years. He now has emphysema, COPD, and congestive heart failure because of the smoking, and is on oxygen full time and can only get around with a walker.......and of course he has been very overweight all those years too. But I know how hard it is to quit too.......I quit 22 years ago, and I was smoking two packs a day!! Will be waiting to hear how his appointment turns out! Hugs, Patty
cappymoon
on 3/22/06 1:00 am - Northern, VA
Thanks for the well wishes Patty, I knew there would be more than a few understanding people out there. That is sad about your dad, but atleast he quit. If all that happened to mine, he would continue smoking, with the rationalization that he has been smoking this long, why not enjoy the rest of his life.......sigh..... So where were you and Rick this weekend?? It was a birthday party after all, and I have a little something for you Maybe we can get together for dinner or something, the four of us, sometime soon Missed you..... Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/06 7:10 am - Henrico, VA
Thanks Hun...we missed seeing all of you too! With Rick having to work Sat and Sun, it would have been too much driving! But you can bet we would be happy to get together real soon!! You got my cell #, right?? Hugs, Patty
~ Julie ~
on 3/21/06 8:09 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Well, so far as I know, he has made it through one whole day without a cigarette. I quit smoking myself a little over a month ago, and got the gum when I did. I didn't need the gum for very long, so I gave him my leftovers yesterday. That seems to be helping a lot. He's a lot more irritable than usual and is at Mom now about dinner. I've seen him be a lot angrier in the past over less, so I think he's doing wonderfully. I was going to congratulate him about making it one day, but Mom told me not to mention it unless I wanted to . Dianna's right about him getting this surgery. He needed to do it long ago. He's been through bypasses and angioplasties and all kinds of other heart stuff. She seems shocked that he only has half a heart working, but I am not surprised in the least. I hope very much that the half a heart will be able to support his half a body that he will hopefully soon have. Perhaps there can even be something more done about his heart at that point. Yet I am also concerned that the trauma of surgery will be more than he can handle. I guess those decisions are best left to people more qualified than my sister or I. Julie
cappymoon
on 3/22/06 1:07 am - Northern, VA
Congrats on the month of not smoking, I ment to tell you that yesterday...you deserve a party but hell, what would we have at the party, steak and water?? Just kidding, you are doing well, and I am so very proud of you stepping up to the plate and taking on this challenge..... Good news about dad and his one day under his belt, now if he can go today, that will be two....let me know how he is handling it....has he made mom go outside yet or has she quit like she said she would?? Talk to you later Dianna
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/21/06 8:25 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...Knee mail coming your way. I am so sorry about your dad...I know it is hard to quit smoking..I know I need to but he will be in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you are going with him on Friday...it is always nice to have someone with you...I know I forget alot. The patches work really well too and make sure he drinks alot of water...that helps get the junk out...I love you and wish I was there with you. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views