Need a few prayers please

cappymoon
on 3/21/06 1:03 am - Northern, VA
Hello gang...... I need a few prayers over the next few days. I just recieved word last night (Although my sister knew last Friday, why I didnt, who knows....) that my Dad is not in the best shape. He hasnt been for quite awhile, but this really hits home for me. He needs this surgery, and he needs it NOW. His heart is hurting, to the point that only half of it works now. I dont quite get how only HALF a freaking heart can work, and he can still get around and such, but his doctor told him last week he HAS TO HAVE THIS SURGERY to get the weight off, in turn, letting his heart have a break. He had an appointment last Friday with the surgeon, and all I could get out of him was that he had to quit smoking IMMIDATELY. There was other information, but my Dad has had no research, and I dont think he quite understood everything, so I put in to take a half day off this Friday to go with him, so I can understand what is going on, and in turn tell him what is going on. My Dad is trying to tell me this Friday is the pre-op appointment, but he has had no testing and such, so I have no clue...... Anyways, I think he quit last night, and I pray that he is doing well with that today. This man has smoked for the past 45 (give or take) years, and this was going to be the biggest hurdle for him. So, please pray that he is going to be comitted to not smoking.....and that he gets approval and a surgery date SOON. I dont know what I will do if I loose him..... Thanks so much Dianna
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/21/06 1:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
Knee mail flying your way. Give him hugs for quitting smoking and let him know we're all rooting for him! Hugs, Tonya
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 6:25 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Tonya, that means alot to me.... Dianna
Ross C
on 3/21/06 1:31 am - McLean, VA
Hey Di, Ya'll are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. It isn't easy watching a loved one go through this. Dad was the same. It scared the crap out of us. He started out w/ 3 brothers and is down to one who is in rough condition as well. The other 2 passed from heart attacks as well as his father. Our family has been the same with the weight issues. I will keep praying that things work out and just knowing you will be there Friday to help him through all this is great. He will appreciate it and you will be helping him in many ways. Believe this will happen. I do. Love ya, Kat
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 6:25 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Kat/Ross (Not sure exactly who this is! ) But I will take the prayers from both of you... He has been dealing with heart problems for the past 20+ years, and I guess it has finally taken its toll...... Talk to you soon! Dianna
Kitty Kat
on 3/21/06 9:58 pm - Richmond, VA
It's Kat! Dang it! Ross asked if I'd do a weight update for him. Grrrr... Keep us posted! Wow! 20+ years is a long time but I'm sure he sees you and how well you've done and looks to you as inspiration. I can't imagine Dad not having had surgery. you, Kat
prissy25
on 3/21/06 1:45 am - Barboursville, VA
Dianna prayers going up for you and your father, I know what you mean when you said what would you do if you lost him, I lost my dad last July 59 yrs old he had heart issues as well as smoking he had to have 1/4 of his aorta grafted due to damage from smoking was told 4 yrs ago to stop ASAP or else. Then the following yr he had heart problems and aweight issue Im sad he couldnt be here today to see my progress w/ this surgery he was worried about my weight and his took him he got stung by some bees causing his heart to go into arythmia (SP)? and killed him. SO Im pulling for your dad give him plenty love and support God Bless you all.
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 6:31 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Melinda, that means alot to me Sorry to hear of all the trouble which resulted in your fathers passing. Bees? wow, that just sucks. Thanks for the prayers, they will go a long way in helping him through this difficult time. He knows it is do or die time now..... Dianna
lookin2lose2
on 3/21/06 3:33 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
First, I'm glad to see your face here on the boards I've been missing you ! Your father is in my prayers that he finds the strength to stop smoking. I know it's such a hard habit to break but I pray for God's healing! Jean
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 6:31 am - Northern, VA
Hi there Jean...been really busy with work, getting my sister around and going out on the weekends, it has taken me from the board, but I am going to be better about posting Thanks for the prayers....he is gonna need them Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views