Happy over the stupidest stuff...LOL

MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/20/06 11:41 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Okay, I had my yearly pap this morning. For the guys, sorry if this is as far as you get, lol. I go to see the dr, not my regular guy, but a really nice lady, who happens to be my daughter's regular dr. Her nurse I've known for the few years I've been seen there at Oceana and she kept looking at me funny. After we got back into the room and she's filling out the questionnaire info and she asked about anything medical I should know about, I tell her about my surgery. We get more into it, then she asks to see my military ID to make sure she has the right person. I show her the ID (which was me at 390lbs in July 2005) and I show her my before photo that I carry in my wallet. She blinks and laughs and says, "Yeah, I knew I remembered you. Wow, what a change!" My weight today at the dr's office was 263 (at home it's 259). THe nurse tried to tell me I looked like I weighed more around 240. God bless her. LOL. My bp was 130/90, which is down from my normal (with meds) of 142/98. Anyway, on to the stupid stuff. I got undressed and put on the paper gown and for the first time I can remember, ever, it actually closed in the front instead of gaping open badly. And I was able to lay back on the bed without having to have the nurse help ease me down. And I sat back up afterwards without all the huffing and puffing and without having to get a death grip on the dr and the nurse. LOL. My dr laughed that it's nice to see someone smile at a pap smear instead of the usual dread or bad temper. And the pants I wore to the appt? Well, they are my size 26 dressy pants and they were falling off my hips. :P Guess I need to go through my closet AGAIN and clean out the too big stuff. Also, my husband got his orders confirmed. At the end of this August, we'll be moving back to Florida. Until then, lets have some fun! Hugs, Tonya 405 - highest (July 2005, before liquid diet) 379 - surgery (August 2005, after liquid diet) 259 - current (March 2006, by my scale) 180 - goal (January 2007 is my goal date)
Sporty Jill
on 3/21/06 12:13 am - Norfolk, VA
Tonya- That's great! You are a real inspiration to all of us, and these little moments into your life are a God-send. I am so happy that you are doing great! Florida?????? At least you'll have great weather this time of the year. And I agree................. We need some FUN!!!! Jill 263/191/145
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 12:53 am - Northern, VA
Hey Tonya Happy over the stupid stuff is the FUN part of this journey!! It is so nice to see the results after working so hard!! Keep it up DIanna
Judy B.
on 3/21/06 2:23 am - Marion, VA
Hey Tonya girl I can relate to your story..for i had my yearly pap (why after a hysterectomy i have no idea) just a few weeks ago and the paper gown closed on me too!!!!!!!! Isn't it a fun thing to discover the new US!!! I'm so happy that things seem to be going so well for you hon! you are doing awesome!! hugs JudyB
elizabethc03
on 3/21/06 9:12 am - Cypress, TX
Tonya, That rocks! I have an appt. next month with the gyn and I was just excited that I would be under 200 pounds because he told me last time that I was too heavy to use the birth control patch and it didn't work if you were over 200 lbs. But I never thought of the paper gown . I too have the out grown problem (or undergrown as I call it) with my clothes. I'm wearing a 22 and have to fold the waist down to keep them on. I couldn't believe it when I fit into a 16 the other day. Liz highest 261 current 198 goal 135 RNY 12-28-05
cpatters
on 3/21/06 7:32 pm - Rockingham County, VA
Tonya, I was ROFL! To be happy at a PAP is the funniest. The dreaded PAP! I have been putting mine off, but your post made me rethink it. Maybe I can face it, with humor. Thanks, and by the way, what a great job you are doing. WOW! Bring on the little paper robes, bring on the examination tables We can do it! Cathy
Ms Court
on 3/21/06 10:12 pm - Remington, VA
Wow tonya. Sometimes it is the little things that mean the most. Keep up the great work. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views