This is worth reading!

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/06 9:39 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
My daughter sent this to me and I thought it was such a beautiful story I wanted to share it. I hope you enjoy it! Without sounding corny I want you all to know that I consider you all people who have helped me, or are helping me, get untangled from some of the things in my life that have bound me!! love donna The Whale: A beautiful Story Subject: The Whale If you read the front page story of the SF Chronicle on Thursday, Dec 14, 2005, you would have read about a female humpback whale who had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth. A fisherman spotted her just east of the Farralone Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed an environmental group for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so bad off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her -- a very dangerous proposition. One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer. They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her. When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, and nudged them, pushed them gently around-she thanked them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives. The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same. May you, and all those you love, be so blessed and fortunate----to be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you. And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude. I pass this on to you, my friend, in the same spirit.
Kitty Kat
on 3/20/06 10:37 pm - Richmond, VA
Donna thank you SO much for sharing this. I am happy to say it's the 1st thing I've read this morning that is absolutely right on the money. Much to you, Kitty Kat
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/06 10:42 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Miss Kitty (you're much too young to know Miss Kitty from the Gunsmoke episodes!! -- she was my favorite, real sassy!! I always think of her when I talk to you!! Not that you're sassy, but like I said, I really liked her). I thought this was neat, now I have to say, I can't attest to it's authenticity, but it sounds good, and the sentiment is what I liked!! Have a great day Kat, love donna
cathya
on 3/21/06 12:34 am - Orlando, FL
You are right, IT WAS WORTH READING. Thanks for helping me untangle. Let me know when you are available to "do lunch" Hugs, Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 5:07 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Cathy, it was so good to see you on Saturday. I'll email you about lunch -- maybe next week?? love donna
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 12:37 am - Northern, VA
Hi Donna What a great story! I got goosebumps when I read this, it is so beautiful! I feel the same, lots of people have been helping me untangle myself from alot of things, maybe it is time now to go back and let each and every one of them know exactly what they have done for me. I think I have done that, but I want to make sure now..... Hope your week is going well! Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 5:09 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Dianna, (oh, and the strawberry/kiwi is yours!!). I liked this story too. Like I said, I'm not real sure how authenetic it is, but it is a good thought. SOrt of like the penguin story that Cathy A passed along. See you soon?? love donna
hollydecarlo
on 3/21/06 9:09 am - hopewell, VA
donna, that is so cute thank you very much for sharing this wonderful story. hugs, holly
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 8:57 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Holly, I thought it was really cute, too. Glad you enjoyed it. Will I see you Saturday?? love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views