A WOW moment buying new clothes!!

kammcdonald
on 3/20/06 12:03 pm - Norfolk, VA
I went shopping for something "special" to wear to an event my hubby & I are going to this Friday night. For some reason, I stopped in the "regular dept", instead of going straight to the "plus-size" one. I think I just wanted to see all the pretty clothes that were waiting for me by (maybe) this summer. Then, I don't know why, but I decided to try on a few of the things, maybe to see how far away I actually was from being in that size. And, guess what? They fit!!!! I was soooooo excited!!!! In fact, the saleswoman came in and saw me in a summer-type sweater, and she said it was "TOO BIG" for me, and she brought me the "L" instead of the "XL". Amazing!! Four months ago I was in a tight "3X", and now I am in a perfect fitting "L". A big WOW for me!!!!! Hope this is incentive for all the pre-ops and the new post-ops out there. Soon this will be you, too!!! *Kam*
WendyNVA
on 3/20/06 6:39 pm - Va Beach, VA
Congrats Kam, thats wonderful. You have many more WOW moments to come yet.. enjoy them all! Wendy
wanda
on 3/20/06 7:41 pm
Congrats Kam! That's such a wonderful accomplishment!!! ~Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/06 7:49 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Iris ~ GREAT post!!! ...love those "special moments" that comes with this journey towards health. I miss the "daily" changes that I experienced as I was dropping the weight so it's GREAT to be able to share the happiness that others are experiencing! Wasn't shopping on the "regular" side of the store an entirely NEW (and learning) experience?!? I remember the first time I DARED to venture to the OTHER side, I was walking around in an absolute daze, didn't have a clue where to start. There are 100-times the choices, options, colors, patterns, styles, etc ...talk about an exciting moment and a learning experience all wrapped up into one, but Ohhhhhhhhh SO MUCH FUN!!!! CONGRATS on your wonderful accomplishment and thanks for sharing - happiness is contagious! Hugs - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views