Flax Seed

lookin2lose2
on 3/20/06 1:14 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
I've been a tad constipated lately and I've read that ground up flax seed does wonders to keep the train running but where can I buy it at? Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can provide. Jean
Tam
on 3/20/06 2:07 am - Richmond, VA
Jean, Flax seeds do wonderful things for my system! I have a heaping teaspoon EVERY day either in my protein shake, oatmeal or yogurt. I never miss a day and can happily report there have been no problems since I began taking it daily. I purchased mine at Kroger in the baking section for $1.89 a box. The box lasts about 6 weeks or so. It can also be found in the organic or "health" food section of the grocery store. I have only looked for it at Kroger and Ukrops, but I am sure they have it at all stores. Good luck! Oh yeah...don't forget to refrigerate it after you open it! It is just on the shelf in the store. Tammy C almost 11 months post op -175 lbs
Kathy & Rich
on 3/20/06 2:20 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Tammy Do you eat the flax seed whole or do you grind it? I know some grind it fresh with a coffee grinder. Wow, -175! Awesome, lady! Kathy
Tam
on 3/20/06 3:02 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Kathy, I get them milled (whatever that means!!!) and add them to whatever I am having in my magic bullet. I guess this grinds them, but I do not do anything seperately. They are tiny straight out of the box. I swear by them now and wish I had known about them and started them a lot earlier in my journey! Thanks! I still have a ways to go, but I am making my way there. Tammy
lookin2lose2
on 3/20/06 3:03 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Tammy, Thanks so much for your response. I don't have a Kroger near me but perhaps at Trader Joes I can find some. 11 Months and 175 Pound Loss that is AWESOME!!!!
Tam
on 3/20/06 6:58 pm - Richmond, VA
I do not know what Trader Joe's is, but I know they can be found at Wal-Mart, too. Any grocery store should have them. Hope they help! I still have a few more pounds to go, but I have met my surgeon's goal. Actually, I have passed it! I never imagined that I would come this far in suck a short period of time! It is an awesome journey. My 11 month rebirthday is this Saturday! Tammy C
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/06 8:01 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Jean ~ Ive read a LOT of POSITIVE things about Flax Seed over the last few years. I think Dame Tooter (from the Main Board) has pretty much been nominated as "Flax Seed Queen" whether she wants the title or not. One thing I did learn after reading some of her posts is that it's VERY IMPORTANT to buy the FlaxSeed in the Refrigerator Section of the store. Something to do with keeping it's health value/nutrients/freshness at an optimum. Im not even going to try to explain it all because Im no expert on this and I know I'll mess it up. However, there is VERY LITTLE that Dame Tooter couldn't suggest that I wouldn't blindly listen too --- not because I don't believe in doing my own research, but because I know that woman could OUT GOOGLE and OUT RESEARCH me any day of the week! If you want to read her thoughts/research/suggestions on Flax Seed, she's got some very detailed information on her personal website. Direct link: http://www.bariatricbytes.com/flaxseed.html As far as "where to get it" ...if you CHOOSE to maximize the benefits of Flax Seed and purchase it cold from the fridge, pretty much any LARGE Health Food Store would have it as long as they also have a "cold section" in their stores. Might be worth a phone call before you start MapQuesting 'em? Good luck ~ Lei
lookin2lose2
on 3/20/06 9:40 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Leilani (I love your NAME therefore have to spell it out, THANK YOU so much for this vaulable information! I really APPRECIATE your note back and now know how to find it in our area. Thank You so much!!! Jean
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 5:53 am - Yakima, WA
*Passes out in dead faint* Wow, I am humbled by your comments! Thank you!!!
cappymoon
on 3/21/06 1:12 am - Northern, VA
Let me know how that works for you Jean....I might start using it How are things otherwise?? Sounds like you are doing well Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views