I love this....Please read

Betsy Anitahug
on 3/17/06 11:46 am - Danville, VA
> Clay Balls > > > > > > A man was exploring caves by the seashore. In one of the > > caves he found a canvas bag with a bunch of hardened clay > > balls. It was like someone had rolled clay balls and left > > them out in the sun to bake. > > > > They didn't look like much, but they intrigued the man, so > > he took the bag out of the cave with him. As he strolled > > along the beach, he would throw the clay balls one at a > > time out into the ocean as far as he could. > > > > He thought little about it, until he dropped one of the clay > > balls and it cracked open on a rock. Inside was a beautiful, > > precious stone! > > > > Excited, the man started breaking open the remaining clay > > balls. Each contained a similar treasure. He found thousands > > of dollars worth of jewels in the 20 or so clay balls he had left. > > Then it struck him. > > > > He had been on the beach a long time. He had thrown maybe > > 50 or 60 of the clay balls with their hidden treasure into the > > ocean waves. Instead of thousands of dollars in treasure, he > > could have taken home tens of thousands, but he had just > > thrown it away! > > > > It's like that with people. We look at someone, maybe even > > ourselves, and we see the external clay vessel. It doesn't > > look like much from the outside. It isn't always beautiful or > > sparkling, so we discount it. > > > > We see that person as less important than someone more > > beautiful or stylish or well known or wealthy. But we have > > not taken the time to find the treasure hidden inside that > > person. > > > > There is a treasure in each and every one of us. If we take > > the time to get to know that person, and if we ask God to > > show us that person the way He sees them, then the clay > > begins to peel away and the brilliant gem begins to shine > > forth. > > > > May we not come to the end of our lives and find out that > > we have thrown away a fortune in friendships because the > > gems were hidden in bits of clay. May we see the people > > in our world as God sees them. > > > > I am so blessed by the gems of friendship I have with each > > of you. Thank you for looking beyond my clay vessel.
TSChisom
on 3/17/06 11:53 am - Moneta, VA
I loved this Betsy! Thank you so much for sharing with us! Love and Hugs, Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/17/06 12:03 pm - Danville, VA
I had to share with my bestest treasures.. Hugs, Betsy
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/17/06 11:55 am - Staunton, VA
Honey, there is no doubt about it--we ALL see the treasure that is YOU! MC Upclucker
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/17/06 12:04 pm - Danville, VA
Awwwww, MC you are soooo sweet and know just the right words to say, don't you? I feel the same way about you, you MC upclucker you. Love ya bunches. Betsy
Ernurse323
on 3/17/06 1:08 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Very Nice.... Of course I started reading "clay balls..expecting a perverted little story...LOL...Sorry..it is late.. Dana
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/18/06 12:08 am - Danville, VA
Dana, I did the same thing...hehe..just thought I would share. Hugs, Betsy
cpatters
on 3/17/06 9:28 pm - Rockingham County, VA
Betsy, I loved the story! It is so true. Society has a lot to do with it. If we do not fit into what molds that society has created for us, then we are not "cool" or "worthy" of lifes treasures. Look at all of the magazine covers, they are covered with "beautiful" people. God sees us for who we are, not what we may look like. And he loves us no matter what! God bless you! Cathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/18/06 12:13 am - Danville, VA
I thought this board would appreciate it so I posted it. I think we are all treasures coming out of our clay balls. I agree with you...society has been made of the pretty people...we have to look at peoples hearts and souls...we need to look beyond.... Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 3/18/06 10:52 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Betsy, I loved this "clay balls" story. I, too, thought it was going to be perverted, but was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for share it! Hugs, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views