Postnasal drip?

ElizabethC
on 3/16/06 8:24 pm - Wirtz, VA
Sorry this is a gross topic, but something I suddenly thought of. I suffer from chronic postnasal drip, and am concerned that it might be a problem post-op with filling my pouch. Has anyone else had to deal with this?? Elizabeth (3 days to go!)
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/16/06 11:01 pm - Danville, VA
Good morning, Elizabeth....I too have that and it doesn't seem to bother me...I have more trouble with acid reflux...yuck. I am sooo excited for you and can't wait til I get my car fixed so I can come visit with you. I love the area and miss my mountains. Hugs, Betsy
ElizabethC
on 3/17/06 12:12 am - Wirtz, VA
Thanks for the info!! My allergist had me try different nasal sprays to alleviate the problem, but everything makes my poor shnoz turn red and the tissue inflame. I'd rather deal with the drip I am hoping I won't have too many probs with the reflux post-op, but if so we'll deal with that then! I look forward to the opportunity to meet you and lots of other folks from the Vs. board Having little ones at home makes it a little harder to get to events, but I still plan to do my best! Hugs to you! Elizabeth
Kimds
on 3/17/06 4:16 am - Roanoke, VA
Elizabeth, WOW! Only three days to go!!! I will keep you in my thoughts. I wish you successful surgery and speedy recovery. As for the post nasal drip a lady that use to come to the support meeting said that she had allergies and lots of mucus that drained into her pouch and it made her ill. She said her doctor put her on medication and cleared it right up. I was sick and had allot of sinus drainage and it never bothered my pouch. GOOD LUCK! Kim 5.5 months P/O -103 lbs.
ElizabethC
on 3/17/06 5:18 am - Wirtz, VA
Thanks Kim!! I will definitely work with my surgeon and allergist if it becomes a problem. Congrats on your loss...lookin great!! Hope to see ya soon Elizabeth
Tam
on 3/17/06 9:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Elizabeth, Wow...only two days to go! I am so excited for you. Now, on to your question. I suffer from it horribly! I take allergy meds daily and take benadryl a lot, too. I suffer from chronic hives so the benadryl kills two birds with one stone. I take a whole benadryl at night and halves through out the day. This helps to dry things up. Also a note from my surgeon...the drainage can and will stretch the pouch, so be careful! Good luck. Tammy C
heatherevond
on 3/18/06 1:00 am - Madison, AL
I had drainage from sinus surgery (just one month post op from the WLS) and the bariatric surgeon was not concerned. He said I could try to dry it out or just deal with it. He didn't believe it would upset my stomach enough to make me sick. I didn't have any trouble with the drainage at all. In fact, the sinus surgery was more painful than the WLS surgery. LOL Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views