Breakfast ?

Ms Court
on 3/16/06 5:00 am - Remington, VA
Ok I am getting tired of oatmeal all the time. I am not able to make myself get out of bed in time to make something to eat at home before I go to work. Any suggestions on breakfast foods that are good for on the go or some good cereal suggestions? Thanks so much. Courtney 15 weeks out - 65 lbs
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/16/06 5:30 am - Jacksonville, FL
You could premake some cheese grits and put them in the fridge the night before. Although, some people don't like reheated grits. *shrug* I just make regular grits and add enough cheese to make it thick. Yummy! Add a little garlic too and it's divine. But that's just me. Or just some turkey bacon with cheese. 3 mins in the microwave to cook, eat on the go. Or maybe get some of the granola bars, like Nature Valley. I get those sometimes, especially on days I work out. Good luck, Tonya
A10sFrau
on 3/16/06 7:10 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I just have a protein drink with the pills. Boring but fast and 20g. Lois
kammcdonald
on 3/16/06 9:47 am - Norfolk, VA
Don't know how easy this would be "on the go", but my two standard breakfasts are 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese with one slice of melba toast OR one cup of General Mills International Vanilla Creme Sugar-free coffee with a scoop of unflavored Unjury in it (20gr of protein). Sometimes, I also go to Starbucks for their FF, Decaf, Grande Cappaccino, which is 9 gr. of protein...but sooooo yummy!!! Hope this helps!! *Kam*
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/16/06 11:44 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...How about a south Beach bar? They are good in Protein and taste good too... Hugs, Betsy
A10sFrau
on 3/16/06 6:17 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Almost forgot my morning treat. I don't have it often because of the calories--Armour Low Fat Corned Beel Hash, 1/4 cup, 110 cal, 4g protein, YUM!! Lois 267/203/130
TammyNVA
on 3/16/06 7:29 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Courtney I love breakfast and would be happy to share recipes later when I have more time. I usually have a protein drink first thing in the AM (before 6:30) and then have BREAKFAST around 8:30 (usually on the way to work or after physical therapy.) Here's some suggestions: Blueberry bran muffins with protein powder baked in (yummy and my own concoction.) Small cup of cottage cheese with a little fruit or try with a little seasoning like Emeril's Essence. Yogurt smoothie/Yogurt cup Turkey bacon and scrambled egg wrap (bacon in microwave and eggs takes less than 5 minutes...usually while I'm putting together lunch) Kashi hot cereal, cooked in micro with milk and add a couple of teaspoons of fruit, like blueberries or peach chunks (13 g protein... and it's NOT oatmeal) Egg McMuffin, but throw away half the muffin (my "fast-resort") Open-faced cheese sandwich on "light" whole wheat bread and low-fat cheese... any flavor (toast the bread first so it's not dangerously soft!) Hard-boiled eggs, soft-boiled eggs, egg salad or scrambled eggs folded into a piece of toast... add a slice of whole wheat toast with a little sugar free jelly. Sometimes I just grab a couple of slices of deli-sliced meat or cheese and head out the door. I've learned the lesson to have lots of choices available to grab and go otherwise I end up not eating, and THAT'S NOT GOOD!! Take care surgery sister!! Love ya, Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/06 7:46 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Courtney ~ I didn't do breakfast (that required chewing) my first two years PostOp. In fact, even longer then that, ive only just in the last few months began incorporating it. Rumor has it if we start off the day with breakfast, we eat LESS during the day - most important meal of the day, yada yada yada. I decided to listen to the medical world and see if they're right, I need to lose 14 lbs and all Im doing is maintaining or gaining. ANYWAY.... that's a whole nother post, on to your what to eat for breakfast. First 2+ years PostOp = Protein shake! Figured it had enough nutrients, protein, etc - to keep me healthy. Now - 3+ years PostOp = TurkeyPepperoni (yum, better then the real stuff) Cottage Cheese, Yogurt, If Im feeling frisky - Instant grits with a fried egg mushed up in it, cheese spread on light crackers, deli meats w/cheese and pickles rolled up, carb check bagels from Sams (they have 120 calories, 13 grams of protein and are DENSE and FILLING) w/ some cream cheese spread on 'em. Anyway - the way I see it? ANYTHING works for breakfast. As long as it's primarily protein first - it does NOT have to be anything remotely traditional. Whatever the heck you're JONE'zing for - even if it's typically deemed "dinner" or "lunch" kinda meals. Who cares! That's the beauty of being adults we can do whatever da' heck we want too, within reason! ~ Lei
LadyDiane
on 3/16/06 9:13 pm - Richmond, VA
Hey Court, I usually do a ZONE bar (Strawberry Yogurt or Chocolate raspberry) in the car on the way to work, and then after 45min once I am at work, I do some milk (I get it fromt eh school cafe') for some more protein. I have also done some of the Slim Fast bars, but you have to be careful of sugar with them. South Beach Cinnamon rasin is good also Sometimes I will choke down an Isopure drink or an Achieve One (yummy!) Hard Boiled eggs are god too (I usually just eat the whites) I have not been able to do cereal, my tummy does not like it Let me know if you find anything good, I am always looking for good quick stuff, because I am also not a morning person! Have a great weekend! Diane
Julie R.
on 3/16/06 9:39 pm - Belspring, VA
Ok, this might not be as quick as your looking for, but this morning I made myself the most delish protien drink (that may be an oximoron for some ). I started with the normal 6 oz milk mixed with Elite vanilla protien mix, and then I added 1/2 t cocoa powder, 1 T of peanut butter, 2 1" chunks of frozen banana, and 2 ice cubes. It was sooooo good and had a whopping 30 g of protien. I have plans today that will probably keep me from getting in all of the protien I normally take in, so I figured this would get me to my 60 g. It isn't an everyday protien drink, but it seems to be a nice treat! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views