Back from my 1mth visit

Julie R.
on 3/16/06 1:59 am - Belspring, VA
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately; I go through little anti-social stages. Well, I just got back from my 1 month check-up, and I am down 22 pounds Dr. Lucktong says that I am right on track. For a week there, I was pretty anxious I lost 17 pounds during the first 2 weeks, then everything stopped. Thankfully, I remember reading from several of you that this was typical, and my body was just taking time out to adjust. Of course, that didn't stop me from worrying anyways To my relief, a few days ago it started coming off again!!!!! I've decided for my own sanity, the scale is going to have to become a once a week event. In other news, I started back to work this week. That was the quickest 3 weeks off ever On the plus side, sitting at my desk all day has allowed me to finally make my 64 oz of fluid a day. Too bad it doesn't give me enough time to continue my 2 mile walks, but I have been finding ways to squeeze in exercise here and there everyday, and next week I can start back at Curves. Since I have been released to get in the water again, I plan on joining a water aerobics class too. First, I'm taking a luxurious bubble Well, I better get back to work. Talk to you all again soon. Julie
Ms Court
on 3/16/06 2:24 am - Remington, VA
That is great Julie. You are doing wonderfully. Keep it up. Courtney 15 weeks out - 65 lbs
Judy B.
on 3/16/06 6:36 am - Marion, VA
Hey Julie.. It is so good to hear from you. I have been wondering about you and had lost your phone number so i couldn't call. Please email so i can keep in touch with ya. Glad you are on track and things are going well. hugs JudyB
A10sFrau
on 3/16/06 6:50 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hooray for you, Julie! Thanks for the email. I am so glad for you that everything has come up roses. Hugs, Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/16/06 11:41 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Julie, you are doing wonderfully....keep up the good work. Make sure you get up from your desk every hour or so and keep the H2o nearby. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/06 8:08 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Julie ~ I don't think taking a break from the boards is ANTI-SOCIAL at all. Hell, I do it a lot. Sometimes life just gets busy, sometimes I'm PMS-ing and it's just not smart, sometimes ...well, sometimes, people just **** me off and I back away and decompress. Nah - there's nothing anti social about US, at all, we're just human! I remember being a whole lot more HUMAN (read as on an emotional roller coaster) my first six months after surgery. The hormones were flushing through and out of my body as fast as the fat cells and it turned me in to a "24/7 PMS-ing Beee'yatch from Hades!" ..my best advice for those kinda moments? Get really creative when hiding the bodies! WOW - 17 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome thank goodness your body decided to slam on the brakes and take a breather though. As much as we HATE not seeing "progress" on a daily basis, it truly is a much HEALTHIER way to lose weight. If we ALL lost 17 lbs every two weeks, we'd be at goal in a 1/3 of the time and most likely be the walking death. Our bodies would lose too many GOOD healthy components along with the fat cells - not a good thang! I honestly believed that and told myself that ONGOING - so the stalls were never frustrating to me. Congrats on your first month - you're doing great, Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views