8 days out lost six pounds

Kittyn Moon
on 3/15/06 8:48 pm - faber, VA
Is this normal? Slow?
Judy B.
on 3/15/06 8:55 pm - Marion, VA
Hi Kristine First thing, Stay off the scale at this time..Because..you are so soon out from surgery that your body is still swollen from all the gas and IV fluids you had to take in. Give your body time to recoop from the shock and you will see those pounds falling off in no time. Remember this too shall pass. hugs JudyB
Ms Court
on 3/15/06 11:12 pm - Remington, VA
You are off to a great start Kristine. Try not to be a scale slave. Keep up the great work. Courtney 15 weeks out - 65 lbs
A10sFrau
on 3/15/06 11:40 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Same thing they said . They scales can be like heroin, addictive and BAD for you. Well, nto REALLY like heroin, but you understand. I have to FORCE myself not to weigh. I am losing slowly and am satisfied. I have learned how to speed up my weight loss if it seems stagnant. But, I am still not going to have weight pouring off me like some of the heavy weights have had. I hope you are feeling well, and BETTER than before your surgery. When all that fluid comes off of you you will see a greater loss. Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/16/06 12:37 am - Danville, VA
Hi Hon, the scales can be evil...only do them maybe once a week. It will happen...I promise. Hugs, Betsy
Ernurse323
on 3/16/06 2:15 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Kristine...I have only lost 6 lbs also..and my surgery was on march 7th...
sylvia
on 3/16/06 9:13 am - Stafford, VA
I actually came home 15 lbs more than before surgery, but it came off in a few days. I think 6 lbs in 8 days is great! That's almost a pound a day and like others said, it is still very early for you. Just focus on healing right now and learning your new regimen, i.e. protein, vitamins, fluids. I had surgery 1/23 and have lost 41 lbs. I am very happy with that, and I seem to be in the middle group - some have lost more, some have lost less, but I am very comfortable with my new routine and have had really no problems to speak of. Good luck!! Sylvia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views