TGIF - Um, a lil early?!?

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/06 7:57 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello friends, Well - surely some place in the world it's Friday? I'm going to the do the "TGIF -Senseless Stuff" a day early. My Mom (actually, she's my husbands mom, but Ive adopted her) is in town and I'll be away from the computer out doing girly-girl STUFF! I hope everyone's had a great week! Oh, and remembered to take ALL their vitamins, protein supps, and chugged down lots of H20!! Yah yah yah, that gets old, mundane, boring, tedious, etc - over time. Trust me at 37 months, 29 days, 6 hours and half a dozen seconds Post-Op, I UNDERSTAND. Regardless, I don't miss a day - because "I AM" worth it, my life, my health, my happiness, and so are YOU! Okay - enough squawking for one post. Lemme get off this milk crate and let's start PLAYING, shall we? If you want to join in just cut and paste the following to a NEW post and answer to your keyboards content! Happy weekend to ALL -- I'm gonna go back to cleaning this house. It's the ONLY time this place has ever looked this good. You know how that goes right? Wanna' impress the momma. I've already warned Paul not to expect this "Martha Stewart" role of mine, long term. Housework ranks right up there with Cleaning.... it don't! Hugs to all - Lei "TGIF ....Senseless Stuff!" 1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? 2) What is the car of your dreams? 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? 4) Do you snore? 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! 9) What magazine do you read the most? 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! .
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/06 8:12 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. 1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? Nope! Not a creative bone in my body. My "creative" portion of the brain has always been in a dormant state. 2) What is the car of your dreams? I'm simple - give me anything that comes in the form of a convertible and I'll be thrilled. We've decided to bypass the purchase of a Harley and are looking at 2 seater convertibles! 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? Don't know if it's my FAVORITE, but Im a very lazy creature - so simple is good. I like Turkey Pepperoni, Cottage Cheese, or Yogurt. All no brainer stuff with NO cooking involved. 4) Do you snore? Nope. Or at least NOT anymore. Used to snore like a lumberjack, but worse. Hubby wore ear plugs to sleep. The day AFTER my Weight Loss Surgery, I no longer snored again, EVER! We "think" the NG-Tube they shoved down my throat during surgery nicked that lil flappy'floppy thing in your throat that causes the snoring. Whatever happened, Im THRILLED and so is the hubby. 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] My water bottle - it's one of the ways I discipline myself to get in my 100 oz a day. 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) Pepperoni, EXTRA MUSHROOMS and Cheese 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? Whatever the hecks on sale or I have a coupon for. I could care less what brand it is as long as it cleans the teeth-ers! 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! I found out (just last night) that my husbands sub is NOT going back into the water this weekend as planned, so YES, he will be in town while his mom is here! Woooohooooooo!! 9) What magazine do you read the most? I'm an "Entertainment" junkie, love US and PEOPLE! 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! Well, they're NOT really pets, they're our 4-legged-Kids! Two Pound Kitty-kats, both boys (the surprise was on us) and a diet would probably be a good thing for both of 'em? "Sir Peanut Head" ...a big ol' grumpy over fed Tabby, who hates his adopted fur-brother and wants to eat him. "Big Kahuna" ...another big ol' 17 pounder, who loves everything about life, including his adopted brother that hates him. .
cathya
on 3/16/06 8:56 pm - Orlando, FL
"TGIF ....Senseless Stuff!" 1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? I used to own a catering company so I create with food. 2) What is the car of your dreams? Jaguar 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? Breakfast food has always been among my favorite things so I like it all. 4) Do you snore? No 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] sunglasses and cell phone 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) meat lovers 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? colgate 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! I was told I have been submitted for a promotion. (Not a sure thing, but my immediate management supports it so I am hopeful) 9) What magazine do you read the most? Parade 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! none
Bookworm5648
on 3/15/06 8:17 pm - Manassas Park, VA
1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? I enjoy to paint pottery, but nothing spectacular. Sometimes it looks like a kid did it. 2) What is the car of your dreams? An Avalanche! I just think they are cool looking trucks. 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? Usually a protein shake. 4) Do you snore? Only when I am 'stuffy' 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] cellphone and my 'usual' jewelry: my Eeyore watch, my pretty medic alert bracelet and my wedding rings. I feel naked without them on. 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) Before surgery, I loved Pizza Huts stuffed crust with black olives, mushrooms and pepperoni! Now, I occasionally eat a Lean Cuisine pizza and I get the one with spinach and mushrooms. 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? Crest with Scope 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! It hasn't happened yet, but tomorrow I have a 9am appt. for a Video Teleconferencing with my husband, who is deployed right now. I get to sit in a room and see him on TV and talk to him for 15 minutes! I am so excited!! 9) What magazine do you read the most? People 10) What kind of pets do you have? A hedgehog named Spike and a 9 month old black lab named Abbie.
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/06 8:24 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaaw Stacey - your #8 put a big SMILE on my face!!! I'm so happy for you - enjoy yourself tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you BOTH!! Thank your husband for me. I appreciate the sacrifices you BOTH make, so that we can enjoy the freedoms in life while feeling safe.
Jen_G
on 3/15/06 8:40 pm - in, VA
1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? Not at all! I am so uncreative its pathetic! I don't think that portion of my brain ever developed. 2) What is the car of your dreams? My BMW! LOVE IT!!!! 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? Protein Shake I guess, I don't like breakfast and think I'm doing well that I do a protein drink in the morning. 4) Do you snore? Not anymore! WOO HOO...hubby is so happy about that! 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] Clothes I guess wouldn't be pretty if I left the house without those. 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) I love hawaiian pizza - ham, pineapple, and onion. 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? Colgate Total Whitening 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! It's not really mentionalbe here 9) What magazine do you read the most? Readers Digest 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! None! Four kids are enough as far as I'm concerned! Jen
Judy B.
on 3/15/06 8:52 pm - Marion, VA
Hey Lei My first time ever doing these ...so here goes 1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? I can paint some and very crafty at "building" things 2) What is the car of your dreams? durango 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? cereal 4) Do you snore? Not since surgery 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] umbrella...never know when it is going to downpour 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) pepperoni, cheese, olives, mild banana peppers, onions, etc etc 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? Crest 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! Got some help at home with my mom so me and hubby can get out more 9) What magazine do you read the most? Lucky, I have a friend who is a model who is sometimes in the magazine 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! Degu (a cross between a *****hilla and a squirrel)..her name is scooter..didnt know scooter was a she til much later..lol Gerbil (male...name is casper) Lab/aussie mix (male...name is Chuk) Upcoming pet is gonna be a ferret (will be male and probably name him Bandit) Have a wonderful day everyone! JudyB
Kitty Kat
on 3/15/06 8:59 pm - Richmond, VA
ALLO Beautiful! Girl I'm so wishin' it were Friday cause Kitty Kat's goin' out baby! Yeppers bought me some cutsie clothes (me all by myself so LOOK OUT LMAO) and I'm excited! You enjoy your girly-girl time! Hugs to you! 1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? Not so much I can write or at least I THINK I can. Otherwise, no. 2) What is the car of your dreams? Reality: Volkswagen Jetta GL or GLS. IF I come into some money: I would love to restore a Candy Apple Red 66 Mustang. 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? Scrambled eggs w/ cheese 4) Do you snore? Not anymore 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] Baby wipes they are good for EVERYTHING! 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) BEFORE cheese and sometimes sausage NOW don't eat pizza 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? Crest 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! My bugga Nora has started standing up on her own and doin' da Wobbly Weaks! Meaning she a shakin' da heiny cause her knees are wobbly! 9) What magazine do you read the most? When I have time People 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! Lemme see some dust bunnies, prolly some spiders, these annoying black & orange flyin' critter buggers oh and a family of wabbits in da back yard. Hugs, Kitty Kat
ElizabethC
on 3/15/06 9:24 pm - Wirtz, VA
1) Can you paint, draw, create or make things? If so, what? I LOVE to make stuff! I do custom cakes for all occasions and carve fruit and veggies into all sorts of stuff. I like to do all sorts of crafts too. My next big project is a jewelled mirror for my oldest daughter. 2) What is the car of your dreams? This is so pitiful....but I'd LOVE the minivan with the fold-away seats and moon roof!!! But then a classic 50's convertible would be right up my alley too! 3) Favorite thing for breakfast? Omelets or banana pancakes 4) Do you snore? Lightly on occasion....I hope! 5) What is the one thing you don't leave home without? [minus the standard, keys, wallet, purse, kinda stuff] Water and kids, and after going to school with my slippers on the other day, I now check for SHOES! 6) Favorite toppings on a pizza? (before or after surgery) Everything minus the fishies! I especially love fresh basil and veggies 7) What kind of toothpaste do you use? Crest mint gel. And I adore my electric toothbrush...no more "sweaters"! 8) Coolest thing that happened this week that left you SMILING!?! This is a cinch....my stepmom, who for years I didn't get along with well, told me yesterday that "your (late) dad would be so proud of you for taking control over your health, and I know he is watching over you next week...he loved you very much" Okay, someone pass the tissues *sniff* 9) What magazine do you read the most? I read 'em all cover to cover...Reader's Digest, Family Fun, Parenting, Decision, Smithsonian, Birds & Blooms are my favs 10) What kind of pets do you have? No, spouses don't count! We have 2 mutts, a betta fish named Phred, soon to have ants (got the kiddo a REALLY cool ant farm for her upcoming bday!), and this fall plan to add 2 kitties Elizabeth (4 days to go!!!!)
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/06 9:58 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lei - I was doing this and re-read it and decided my answers were way too boring!! Of course that was after I read Anthony's answers and thought 'hmmm, I wish I were as cool, and cute, and funny, and hip, and the list goes on -- as Anthony!!" I hope you have a fun time this weekend with your mom (in-law). love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views