Sister update - pathology is back

Kathy & Rich
on 3/13/06 9:31 am - Fairfax, VA
The pathology came back and it is the absolute best that it could be given 1 positive lymph node. All other nodes were clearn. The cancer grade was 1 which means very slow growing. The stage was 2a which is great news. The tumor was 3 cm and they got clear margins. Her breast surgeon feels that chemo is indicated and probably not radiation but she'll meet with an oncologist later in the month to discuss what the treatment plan is. In the background she was asking her hubby if he was going to shave his head in an act of solidarity with his wife to which he replied "Uh, NOOOO". I did tell her that her BIL (aka Rich) would be more than willing to shave his head in an act of solidarity to his SIL. She laughed. Whew... Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/13/06 9:40 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Kathy, that is wonderful news...I am so thankful and I know you are also. I have been thinking about your family and have kept them and you in my prayers. Hugs, Betsy
hollydecarlo
on 3/13/06 10:10 am - hopewell, VA
kathy, that is great news thank god!! i was praying for her to be ok. take care, holly
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/06 6:18 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
That is awesome !!! I am so glad for all of you .. .. Rich is the best ... !!!! If he does shave his head .. I want pics !!! Love you and again so very happy for all of you ! Nat
Christine Hood
on 3/13/06 8:21 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Kathy, Glad to hear that you all got the best outcome possible...Here's to more good results! Still keeping you and your family in my prayers! Christine
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/13/06 8:22 pm - Staunton, VA
Yippee, Kathy! That is wonderful news! JoAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views