I need the advise of the experts!!!

Kelli
on 3/13/06 3:37 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hi everyone!!!! I know it has been a really long time, been very busy. I do get on at least once a week to try to keep up with all my friends. I hope all is doing well and from what i read some are and some aren't. I cant wait to see everyone again in june, I know the snowball was the best weekend I have had in years. Anyway, now to the advise I need. I have been having a little problem lately and not sure what to make of it. I have been getting lightheaded and shaky from time to time. My knees are also weak. I get in all my protein and more and also water intake is outstanding. I would go see my doctor but my insurance ran out march 1, so I would like to see what help I can get from all my family here. So, maybe wont have to pay out the butt hole for a doctor visit, if I can help it. Any advise would be helpful. It has me worried. Love and hugs to all, Kelli
Carole V.
on 3/13/06 4:47 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Sorry Kelli, I say bite the bullet and see a doctor. It could be something not at all related to the surgery or the weight loss. I could be nothing, it could be MAJOR! Don't take that chance with your health. You've worked too hard for that. Good luck, Carole
Kelli
on 3/13/06 9:40 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Thanks Carole, It has been a long time since i have seen ya. I will have to make a luncheon. I called the doctor this morning and he is suppose to call me back after lunch. Thank you for your support and help. I hope all is well with you. Can't wait to see you. Love and hugs, kelli
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/06 6:31 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kelli , Carol is so right .. you need to see a doctor . It could be anything . It could or could not be WLS related . Go to the Emergency Room .. and pay them by payments if you have to .. you need to be seen . Do it for YOU .. your health is worth more than any money on this earth . Please keep us posted ok .. We love you and want what is best for you . Natalie
Kelli
on 3/13/06 9:47 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Morning Sweetie!!! Thanks for your support, you are truly an angel!!! I have called my doctor and he will call me after lunch. So I will see what he says. I knew I could count on you for honest advise. Thanks. I look forward to this june and being able to see ya again. Thanks for all the wonderful advise. Love and Hugs, kelli
Lelandmm
on 3/13/06 7:17 am - Chesapeake, VA
Kelli, Could you be suffering from an attack of Low Blood Sugar? I've had it happen probably once a week since I had surgery. Sugar doesn't make me sick, so when I have those attacks, I just eat somethign on the no no list. There is always candy around here somewhere. After a couple minutes, I go back to normal. I've had my blood pressure drop too, but normally its my blood sugar, I eat something, and I am OK. If it is just low blood sugar, and eating something makes you feel better, then you really dont need to see a doctor unless its happening like every 5 minutes. My PCP told me to just keep something near by and eat something when I get it. No big deal, its not happening enough for her to worry about it yet.
Kelli
on 3/13/06 9:50 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Morning Leland!! Unfortunately, I dump on sugar!!! My mom also said it may be low sugar. I will be talking with my doctor this afternoon, so maybe he can head me in the right direction. Thanks for you help. Love and hugs, Kelli
WendyNVA
on 3/13/06 7:50 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Kelli, I had this problem quite often, mostly during my first year post op. When I brought it up to my surgeon, he had me start eating more frequently. That really helped. I would also get it from not drinking enough fluids, but you've indicated this isn't a problem for you. Hopefully you are sipping all day, not just downing a bottle and waiting a few hours to rehydrate? If you truly aren't worried in the immediate, enough to see a doc, the only advice I can give you is to eat more often.. Nothing from the "forbidden" list, but protein first, healthy snacks, etc. Smaller meals more often can help curb hypoglycemic incidents, which is what it sounds like to me. I would definitely be cautious though, especially driving and doing other things that could jeopardize yours or others safety. And please, see a doc if it continues or feels "scary" to you. $100 is far better than failing your health and welfare, and that of others. Wendy
Kelli
on 3/13/06 10:03 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Hey Wendy!!! Boy has it been a long time since i have seen ya!!! I really need to make it to a lunch with you guys. Thankf or the advise, I have called my doctor and he will be calling me back after lunch. So I will see what he says. My mom also said, to eat smaller meals more often, my sugar level, might be dropping. Look forward to seeing you again. Love and Hugs, Kelli
xray
on 3/13/06 8:34 am - Quinton, VA
Hi! I am far from an expert, but it sounds like what happens to me when my blood sugar is low-until I stopped taking my diabetes meds, I would sometimes get the lightheaded,shaky, weak knees feeling.Usually I would eat some protein (cheese, pnut butter,etc) and I would feel better....I wouldn't let it go on too long though without seeing your doc. Hope you feel better.. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views