(poll)Happy (busy) Monday!

cappymoon
on 3/13/06 1:06 am - Northern, VA
Happy Monday Everyone!! It is a busy one for me, although it usually is!! So, on my way out of the door, I would like to ask 2 poll questions. I thought about this while I was doing a little laundry this morning. Then I wondered what others would answer, and how it could help others in their journeys. So, here are my questions: 1) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the easiest for you to follow? 2) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the HARDEST for you to follow?? My answers are the following: The easiest one for me to follow is the no grazing rule. I eat 3 meals and one snack, and with the drinking with eating rule, this is an easy one to follow for me. The hardest one for me to follow is the drinking of the water bit. I need to up my water consumption, and I find this one the hardest to do. Looking forward to seeing your answers!! Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/06 1:27 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey Baby Moon Beam .. WOW I love the poll . !!! Happy Monday sweety ! 1) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the easiest for you to follow? The no drinking with my food rule ..Neva .. Neva .. Neva 2) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the HARDEST for you to follow?? The chewing rule .. I sometimes still this late out forget to chew my food well .. but I am still learning LOL .. Love ya .. Nat
A10sFrau
on 3/13/06 1:49 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
2.) I sip small amounts with dryier foods with no bad results, and with the doctor's approval. So I guess I break that rule. This strictly depends on the texture of the food. 2.) I do not chew enough and have to force myself not to eat too fast. 1.) Easy: 5-6 meals/day, and NO SUGAR. I am not even tempted. If you ask me any more 'rules' I will flunk. Lois
yvette223
on 3/13/06 3:05 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
happy monday ot you too Dianne 1. hardest rule to follow is getting in protein shakes, i just cannot tolerate the smell ( they make me sick) 2. easiest rule to follow : no drinking and eating , Have a wonderful day yvette
Kelli
on 3/13/06 3:44 am - Portsmouth, VA
Happy Beautiful Monda!! 1: easiest to follow: getting in protien, not drinking while eating 2: hardest: My calcuim intake, because I can't take it with my multi-vitam, i forget to take it later. I hope your day is as beautiful as you and Cleve are. I truly enjoyed meeting yall at the snowball and cant wait until june. Love and hugs, Kelli
Iamspoi1ed
on 3/13/06 4:37 am - Roanoke, VA
Happy Monday to you too! The easiest rule for me is getting in fluids because I would rather drink than eat (been getting things stuck and end up foaming....yuck!) The hardest is not drinking while I am eating, because it is such a bad pre-op habit for me to break! I usually catch myself before I do it now though! Yay!! Byeee!! Mary
Lelandmm
on 3/13/06 7:13 am - Chesapeake, VA
1) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the easiest for you to follow? The easiest for me has been the no carbonation, bubbled drinks rule. As a pre-op, I probably would have told you it was going to be hard. I just drink alot of tea, with splenda of course, and turn down diet sodas, champagne, beer, wine coolers, etc with bubbles. It doesn't even tempt me anymore. I've never had a problem with getting enough protein in food, drinking enough, or taking my vitamins. Calcium was an issue while I had the liquid, but now that I have a chewable, they make a nice snack! 2) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the HARDEST for you to follow?? This changes. At one time it was the protein. Then I was doing 63 grams a day in supplements, plus 40 in food, and my PCP told me to cut it out, all that protein is what was making me sick! So now, just one 20 gram shake each day, and still 30-40 in food. I guess the drinking and eating rule. I'll never NOT break it. I have a horrible fear of choking. I told my surgeon this ahead of time. Because I thought if drinking and eating REALLY made us sick, I was in trouble, I can eat anything without drinking. Even if its not dry, something like soup, I still get paranoid and drink. So I just marked that rule off my list. I have my own rules now. I guess the hardest thing is my body hasn't had a "typical" response.
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/13/06 9:15 am - Danville, VA
Hi My Sweet Cluckin Cappy! You do sound busy and I miss ya...well here go my answers... 1) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the easiest for you to follow? Drinking plenty of fluids, mostly ice water or tea with splenda. 2) Out of all the rules of the pouch, which is the HARDEST for you to follow?? Oh, this one is easy....gettting in the protein drinks...I see Nat in my mind every day, fussing at me...hehe I also have a hard time getting motivated to excersise.. Love ya muchly, betsy
track
on 3/13/06 1:55 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
Easiest was the portion rules. I still find myself eating to just the satiate point, and no further...that little voice...going...'i would n't eat one more bite!'.. Hardest...have to honestly say nothing has been overly hard to follow...maybe because I'm a bit anal even after 2 1/2 years...no meat, no sugar, nothing white, no caffiene...it's really rather simple and direct. Still looking at food as fuel, and what little I do eat, I make sure it's flavorful.
TammyNVA
on 3/14/06 10:36 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Dianna, Miss you guys so much... and I'm falling asleep, but wanted to post to your poll first. (I'm working soooo much, plus Kyle's grandpa is dying in NJ and my dad with all his "stuff" has me runnin') Easiest: No carbonation. As a true Diet coke addict pre-surgery, along with almost ANY diet soda, I thought this would be harder. Surprise!! Hardest: Slowing down to eat; eating on the run, standing up! Today I was in a meeting in Charlottesville (12 hour day!) and the caterer fixed a meal especially for me. It was soooo sweet. Deli Turkey wrapped around some lettuce (they didn't understand what I meant by "lettuce wrap with turkey") and some sugar-free cole slaw. It was quit yummy with my Crystal Lite-to-go poured in my bottle of water. What a great day with lots of people saying I looked fantastic and how pretty I was (most of them have not seen me since before surgery) Take care and I hope all is well with you. Tammy down 67 pounds as of yesterday... on a little weight-loss stall, but still shrinking at 3 1/2 months post-op!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views