Good morning!

cpatters
on 3/12/06 6:31 pm - Rockingham County, VA
Hello everyone. It was a beautiful weekend. Springtime is nearly upon us. I hope that everyone got a chance to spend some time outdoors. I went to my niece's 1st birthday party. There was pizza, pickles, cheese cubes, chips & dip and of couse a big lady bug birthday cake. I am so impressed with myself. I only ate a few pieces of cheese and a couple of pickles & I drank my isopure drink (which is the most horrid tasting stuff). I found out that there IS life without birthday cake... and it is not too bad after all. Cathy
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/12/06 7:41 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Morning, and congrats! I'm 7 months out and I still eye a few desserts lovingly, but only as memories. Anything that sweet would kill me. But as someone once said, "Nothing tastes as good as thin." And it's true. Went out to Applebees last night for dinner. I had been sick for a week and had only eaten a total of maybe 500 calories in 5 days because of severe strep throat, so hubby treated us to a nice dinner. Our toddler actually behaved herself too. Anyway, he ordered an appetizer and a meal and I ordered a meal. Our toddler ate off the appetizer and wanted nothing more. I ate a piece off the appetizer and a few bites of my meal. Then I was done and had to ask for a ToGo box. The waiter looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Hubby explained about the surgery and I pulled out my before pic from my wallet. Yes, I carry that around. The waiter compared the pic to me and whistled. He said, "Wow, you're looking great! Keep up the good work." Then told me to next time let him know and he'd fix me a smaller meal and charge me a kid's meal rate. LOL. Don't know if he can actually do that, but it was sweet. Yes, there IS life without cake. Hugs, Tonya 405/379/259/180 (highest/surgery/current/goal)
A10sFrau
on 3/12/06 7:49 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
And life without pancakes! I watched my size 4 daughter eating pancakes yesterday morning, complete with peanut butter and syrup. I could almost taste it. I knew that that if I DID taste it I might well get sick AND would undo the good I have been doing since last Oct. Instead I ate my first scrambled egg since surgery, with cheddar. Have a great day, ladies! Lois
prissy25
on 3/13/06 12:46 am - Barboursville, VA
Lois smuckers makes a good sugarfree syrup so you can have a pancake from time to time.
yvette223
on 3/12/06 8:24 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Way to go Cathy, i am still realizing that there is life without birthday cake also, Take care of yourself yvette
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/12/06 10:12 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Cathy...OM...What a beautiful weekend it was and today promises to be just as pretty. I am going to take a walk today...I have been lacking in that lately. Just got to get some motivation going. I too am having problems getting the protein down everyday...I haven't really found one yet I like...hehe. Wish they came in a pill...Well, you have a wonderful day and I am glad you didn't have the cake... Hugs, Betsy
Christine Hood
on 3/13/06 8:19 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
They do!! Check out http://www.llorenspharm.com/. Select Proteinex. They will send you a free sample of the liquid but they also sell a pill. Proteinex® Liquid Liquid INDICATIONS: Take two (2) Tablespoons per day. Contains 15gm of Protein Hydrolisate. Additionally there is no Sugar, Fats or Carbohydrates Proteinex® Tablet Tablet INDICATIONS: Take two (2) tablets 3 times daily. Six (6) tablets equal 15 gm of protein. Looks like 6 pills could replace 1 protein drink...sounds like a deal!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views