Adjusting to the new Me

heatherevond
on 3/11/06 9:09 pm - Madison, AL
At five months out, I'm amazed every day when I get on the scale and see that the numbers have gone down. I have gone from 263 to 191, a size 22 (XXL) to a size 11/13 top and 14/15 pants. I look at myself and can't believe how much smaller I am. I was never one of the big girls who thought I was that big. I felt OK in my body. I feel wonderful now. Anything smaller will be gravy for me. I'm smaller than I was 10 years ago when I met my husband. The hard parts are: * getting rid of my huge wardrobe of plus size clothes. It's weird how hard it is for me. I don't plan to get that big again. But, I loved those clothes. I felt good in those clothes.. dang it.. I finally found some cute plus size clothes. * Not buying a ton of clothes in the sizes I'm in for only a few weeks. * Learning what styles fit me better. I've become more daring in colors and cuts. (I'm learning to find a style that fits me .. and not listen to negative people who are jealous of my progress) * Remembering that I have committed myself to a life changing year. I need to take more time to relax and focus on Heather. I need to learn to let things roll off my back. If I don't do these things, I'll be back in the destructive eating cycle that led me to this surgery. Goodness, I'm so happy I did this. I'm looking forward to what life has to bring me. Heather 263/191/155
wanda
on 3/11/06 9:11 pm
You go girl, you're doing just great!!! ~Wanda
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/11/06 9:54 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Doing great, Heather. Going through a lot of the same here. Knew I was fat, beyond fat. :P Got worried when I hit 300 then let it slide a bit until 350, then worried more and more as I edged towards 400. Hit 405 and I freaked. Now, down to 259 as of this am, I still don't wanna get rid of my fat shorts. I have five pairs of shorts from my superest weight and I still wear them. They are huge on me, but they stay up. I only wear them at home, but like you, I loved them when I was large, they were comfortable. *sigh* One of these days, you and I will both have to go shopping. I have a few new clothes but just enough to fool the public eye. LOL. Hugs, Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/06 10:45 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
WOW .. Look at you .. I knew you where going to be successful . I loved reading and seeing your excitement . I remember back when you where struggling with your protein .. and I felt bad that I pushed it so hard with you but I seen you struggling .. I hope that all is forgiven if I ever upset you . Adjusting takes time and it will happen . I went thru a phase where I still seen my self as fat .. but cannot say that anymore . I am so so proud of you Heather .. and hope to see you in June at the Conference .. Keep up the AWESOME work hun .. Love ya , Nat
heatherevond
on 3/12/06 7:55 am - Madison, AL
Nat, You never offended me. It's because of your strong words that I realized I could do this. I can do the protein and I can work harder at finding a great life. Heather *hugs*
kammcdonald
on 3/11/06 10:51 pm - Norfolk, VA
I know EXACTLY what you mean, Heather!! If I didn't lose more weight, I'd still be happy that I went through with this surgery. Yesterday I went to Smithfield, and walked up and down the streets, peeking into every shop along the way. I never got winded or to the point that I wanted...or needed... to stop. It felt so "normal", which is obviously something I wasn't before my surgery (even though I was not really aware that I wasn't, back then). I also agree wholeheartedly about your list of hard things. I would add that I feel sooooo good now, that I tend to overdo, and I become tired/exhausted. I hope that still improves, as I continue on (I'm still less than four months, now). But, too, I did love my plus-size clothes, and I do feel badly seeing all the $$ I spent on those clothes go out the door. However, it is fun buying new, smaller clothes, too.....and funny, I get way more compliments on how I look now, than I did back then!! Of course, again, it is an expensive proposition, buying in each & every size on our way down, but I am adjusting. This has certainly been "a ride", and I am trying to enjoy each bit of the scenery along the road. I also hope that I never take any of this for granted. It has been a gift regardless of $$ or of feeling tired now and again. Life is good. ------------- Thanks for your post, and good luck to you as you continue on!!!! *Kam*
hollydecarlo
on 3/12/06 12:09 am - hopewell, VA
heather, i am right with yah !! i feel the same way about all the clothes i had and about bieng a big girl but still always thinking i looked good. we both started at about the same size. a 22 . this is fun though and just think of it this way we get to buy more and nore cute "little" clothes. and remember the smaller the size the cuter they are and the cuter we look in them. hugs,holly 255/169/130
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/12/06 1:54 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Heather, you are doing an amazing job..I am so proud of you...I am a few months behind you but I am trying to adjust to the new me also. I can certainly understand the clothes....They don't fit for long, do they? I am still amazed at how wonderful this feels...if I don't lose another pound, I am happy. But I know that I will get smaller...I have bones I never knew I had! You keep up the good work and we are all in this together... Hugs, Betsy
TSChisom
on 3/12/06 2:24 am - Moneta, VA
You are doing wonderful Heather, keep up the good work Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views