OMFC! Surgery Postponed!

*~Tigger~ *
on 3/10/06 5:07 am - Staunton, VA
I AM SOOOOOOO MAD AT MYSELF RIGHT NOW! I was scheduled to have my second neck surgery on Monday. Today was to be my last day of school for this school year, as there is a 12 week (or more) recovery period after this mess. My long-term substitute has been trained, I've gotten my paperwork done in advance, said my good-byes, got a few gifts,.........you get the idea. My gums have been sore and a little swollen lately, so I thought it would be a good idea to get it checked out before I'm in a nasty ol' neck brace. The dentist said that it's not a tooth, but just a little infection in my gums. He gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, but said that I might not need it with all the drugs they would be giving me on Monday. Well, being the idiot that I am, I called the doctor's office to see if I should take the antibiotic, and ...........OMFC! No surgery for me! They said that the blood vessels in the mouth are too close to my neck and if something went wrong or if the infection spread that it could be disasterous. Honestly, I never would have gone to the dentist if I had thought that this might happen. My new surgery date is April 14th. Sorry this is so long, but I really needed to vent. I am just so disgusted with myself. JoAnn 240/115
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/10/06 5:55 am - Danville, VA
Oh sweetie...look at this as a good thing, not bad...if they had done the surgery and something happened to my Bestest Mother Clucker, I would be a very upset and a miserable Mother Clucker..I am glad they are being cautious..we can't let anything happen to our famous upclucker!!! Honey, seriously, I am glad they caught it so things will go fine with the surgery. God has his way so just let it go....you ain't getting out of work early...hehe. I love ya... Hugs, Betsy Your Mother Cluckin' sister
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/10/06 6:08 am - Staunton, VA
Betsy, you silly Mother Clucker! I know, you're right. But I'm just soooooo frustrated! I feel like they are making a mountain out of a mole hill. But since I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV....I guess they know best. Da#$! Now I wish I had something fun to do this weekend! Love you too, JoAnn
Kathy & Rich
on 3/10/06 8:04 am - Fairfax, VA
Oh my, JoAnn! I'm so sorry about the postponement but you definitely don't want an infection going into surgery - it could put you in a very dangerous situation. Honestly, it was good you called the doctor. You want to be as healthy as possible going into another surgery. I'm sure you are very frustrated by the delay. I'm sure that you were ready to get this over with and get on the road to recovery. I hope that the infection clears up very quickly. Hugs, Kathy (let me know when you want to compare scars
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/10/06 8:28 am - Staunton, VA
Thanks, Kathy! Between you, me, and Rich we pretty much have the scar market covered! I am very frustrated by this. My head knows that waiting is for the best, but my heart was ready to get this over with!! Take care of yourself. I hope your sister is doing as well as possible. JoAnn
Kathy & Rich
on 3/10/06 8:36 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, JoAnn! My sister is doing much better. Thanks. She is home resting in a recliner right now. Good pains drugs. No pathology report today though. Have to wait a few more days for that unfortunately. Again, sorry for your delay. Better safe, ya know?! Hugs again, Kathy
cappymoon
on 3/10/06 11:49 am - Northern, VA
Aww, that just sucks But, astrologically speaking, the day is still good (I have been looking at all the surgerys lately, to make sure everyone I love will come out ok ) So, are you going back to work for a month? You are in my thoughts, and please let me know if I can do anything for you......you are one of my favorite people you know Dianna
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/10/06 11:17 pm - Staunton, VA
OMFC! We need to open a branch of the Mother Cluckin' Mutual Admiration Society since you are one of my favorite people too! Yep, I guess I'll have to go back to work on Monday. (That was the ONE bright spot about having this surgery!) Love you! JoAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views