RE: Losing too much weight while sick.

MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/9/06 9:53 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Okay, ended up in the ER last night with a temp of 102.3 and even after Tylenol and more Tylenol, it refused to go below 102.2. Being military drs, they all wanted me to take Motrin instead of Tylenol so even with my throat killing me, I had to explain again and again that I can't take Motrin. Bah! The dr stated it was Strep. Lovely, eh? And that the only answer was penicillin. I told him that with my surgery, the pills he wanted to give me may not absorb enough to be effective so he went ahead and gave me the penicillin shot. Said I should see improvement within 12 hours. Got home around 10pm, woke up and down all night, but this morning, fever was gone, throat still sore but not as bad. I ate a banana! And loving hubby went out last night to get me no sugar added ice cream to make into protein milkshakes. Isn't he the sweetest? Haven't had one yet, but I may make one to suppliment the banana. After all, I am at 260 lbs this am, meaning I've lost 6 lbs this week, something I haven't done since the first month I was home. Thanks everyone for your concern but I'm going to take it easy today and scrub my house as much as I can to keep my toddler and hubby from catching it. Love, Tonya
Sporty Jill
on 3/9/06 10:07 pm - Norfolk, VA
You poor thing! I know what you mean, though. This crud is nasty. My son has had it twice (we are passing it back and forth) but this time he has a cough with it. Poor guy. But, to ensure that I don't get it bac****ep spraying the house with Lysol. He coughs and gets doused (hehehe - not literally, but I'm sure he feels like it). Take care Sweetie. Jill 263/193/145
Sharon Q.
on 3/9/06 10:08 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Heya GIRLY!! I am soooooooo glad you got this taken care of. Shocking how I can diagnos from afar. LOL I knew you had the exact symptoms my kids did. I also know that for me, about the only thing that can kill my appetite cold wise is strep. I had it years ago when I lived by myself in CT. Drove myself to the ER in the middle of the night. Told the drs I thought I was dying. They laughed so hard. Gave me shot in the butt, and sent me on my way. It was amazing to me that by the next morning it was like it never happened. You will be feeling much better very soon. Take it easy and drink drink drink. XOOXOOOO Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 12:39 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Tonya - Yikes, that's terrible and that crap has been running a'muck for a few weeks now. My husbands boat (which is in dry dock in NewPortNews) is a breeding ground for it, it seems. They get 10 guys cured of the germs just to have 15 more come down with it - the DOC went home yesterday with a 102 temp! Sorry to hear you've been feeling like crud, hopefully you stay HYDRATED during this time! Hugs - Lei
A10sFrau
on 3/10/06 12:42 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Sorry to hear about your being so under the weather, Tonya! I hope whatever the bug is, it doesn't spread westward. Good to learn you are feeling better! Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/10/06 1:20 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...I am glad to hear that the dr are taking care of you. Strep is no fun at all. But the meds should kick in fast. Get lots of rest and plenty of fluids....Love ya hUGS Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views