TGIF - Senseless Questions!

nitengale
on 3/9/06 10:34 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
What are you listening to right now? Golden Girls and my AOL mailbox... waiting for a cute thing to send me some mail. What was the last thing you ate? Grilled chicken at 3 am What would your partner say is your worst habit? My only partner now is Ricki, Rockie and Sammie... the only complaints they have are there is never enough food and moma why do you have to leave us to go to work? Describe your biggest frustration with yourself. I expect way too much of others. What do you think is your best quality and why? Sense of humor and love of animals. What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? A portable DVD player. What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? My parents used to drag us to country music concerts when we were little. I can remember curling up on those metal folding chairs and trying to sleep. I think it was Ray Price or Charlie Pride. What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? I lived at Wolf Trap last summer... I think the last one was the Doobie Bros. If you have never seen them..its worth the price of the ticket...for old dudes... they put on a great show!!! What celebrity would you have coffee with? Doris Day... I know she is dead but I just love her... I thought she just had the sweetest smile and wonderful disposition. What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? Tom Cruise... I'd make him wear the coffee!!! Idiot!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 1:29 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
...I think it's safe to say there are several of us that DO NOT care for Tom Cruise. Although he never phased me, one or another, during his earlier years, his later years have prompted some verbal opinions from me. Gotta love the egotistical ones with too much time too much money all while experiencing a midlife crisis. Joy! Doris Day had a great VOICE too - kinda deep and throaty, loved her version of "When I fall in Love" ....most people don't believe me when I say that I have HER greatest hits and Patsy Clines, but I like 'em both. Granted, the fact that I listen to a lotta Hip Hop and light Rap might be why most people don't believe me? What can I say, Im diversified!
nitengale
on 3/10/06 3:41 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Diversication is a good thing... I love alot of different types of music...can't do much with rap...but thats just my tastes...not saying there is anything wrong with... I just found a new cd the other night...an Irish group...Floggin' Molly... WOW!!! Had to get it on the spot!!! Don't be surprised... one weekend you're gonna get a call... meet me on the boardwalk... In the summer I head down there for the day and just let the ocean breezes clean the cobwebs...so have your walking shoes ready!!!! Love ya chick
track
on 3/9/06 10:42 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
What are you listening to right now? A group called 'anonymous 4', all female acapella group, cd titled 'american angels'..ethereal music to say the least! What was the last thing you ate? piece of homemade logan bread with some green tea What would your partner say is your worst habit? too many projects! Describe your biggest frustration with yourself can't get below 200....but it'll happen someday! What do you think is your best quality and why? willing to try just about anything, listen to just about any idea. reserve judgement for the 'hold my beer' factor till later. What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? set of collapsible wheels for transporting my kayak cross country. What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert?canned heat in beaumont tex ...somewhere around 14 or 15 What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? tomy emmanuel (austrailian uber-guitarist) What celebrity would you have coffee with? john stewart or joseph campbell What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with?any of the baldwin brothers
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 1:36 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Track!! Nothing wrong with TOO many projects, as long as you FINISH 'em? Paul tends to start quite a few, all at once, then gets side tracked or bored, or both - that's when I start "expressing" all the reasons he SHOULD finish what the heck he started!! HEY?!? How come you didnt volunteer to drag my butt to the boardwalk and WALK the pounds off of me? hmmmm? Paul has to work on Saturday, 24 hour duty - freakn figures, the nicest day of the new year and he's stuck inside a tin can! Have a great weekend - when are we gonna do another Veggie Burger? What's your next FREE friday? Lemme know! Hugs to you and Dreda - Lei Pssst... whats Logan bread and how come youve never let me try any - oh, and feel free to bring some on the Friday we do lunch! Yes, yes, Im demanding, but it's part of my charm. Uh, right? .
wanda
on 3/9/06 10:45 pm
What are you listening to right now? Silence... and it sounds wonderful! What was the last thing you ate? a SF fudgecicle -- I'm addicted What would your partner say is your worst habit? He'd say I'm a control freak! Describe your biggest frustration with yourself Struggling with the demons of being addicted to food. I'm eating healthier things now, but still struggle with it. What do you think is your best quality and why? I really do care about others What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? I don't remember! I'm in the BIG job hunt and we're trying to pinch pennies. If I splurge right now, it's always for my daughter. What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? John Denver, 1975, I was 14 What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? Wow, it's been a long time... Barry Manilow What celebrity would you have coffee with? Denzel Washington -- I think he is so handsome What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? Tom Cruise!
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 1:43 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
YUM - Wanda, I agree - Denzel is indeed VERY handsome. It's funny you should mention him, Ive been watching him on TV (while I reply to posts) -- the movie "Malcom X" is on, it's probably the 10th time Ive seen it, but I like it enough to watch it every chance it's on. Granted, it helps that the LEADING role is Denzel's! I can relate to the ongoing struggles with FOOD and our emotional and mental battle with it. Leave it up to US to become addicted to something we can not just ABSTAIN from, huh? We can do it - even if it means leaning on each other and others when we stumble!
shoutjoy
on 3/9/06 11:03 pm - Culpeper, VA
Listening to an audiobook called, "Whiteout" Cheddar cheese crackers moving his junk so he can't find it not being very disciplined I am a good listener. People like to vent to me. Hmmm, underwear? teehee, broke, don't buy fun stuff The Beatles, don't remember how old I was Haven't been to any concerts for years Opra I don't know. Paula
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 1:48 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Ive heard a lot of positive things about AUDIO BOOKS but have never tried listening to one. I keep telling myself to pick one up for my next road trip, but I always end up jamming to my tunes, instead. I love to read. I prefer reading and getting lost in my own imagination, vs watching a movie based on someone elses imagination. How does the AUDIO experience compare to actually reading the story?
shoutjoy
on 3/10/06 2:47 am - Culpeper, VA
I guess I get more out of audiobooks than listening to music. I can let my imagination run and do odd jobs here and there while I am being transported to other lands or running from a masked raider. It is great when traveling. The time just flies when listening to an exciting story. Reading is good too, when I want to sit and relax, but as entertainment, audiobooks rule. Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views