TGIF - Senseless Questions!

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 7:45 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. G'morning friends - Hope everyone had a great week with an even better weekend waiting on them? The weather is going to be GORGEOUS across our entire state. Not sure about your neck of the woods, but they're talking a possible high of 80 here on the Beach. Wooooohoooooooo!!! Now if I can just find someone to go to the boardwalk with me this weekend and WALK off some pounds/calories. My man has to work ....[whine, sniffle, whine] ....any volunteers out there to walk off the pounds on Saturday? Enough rambling - let's get to the questions, shall we? Hugs to all - Lei Just cut and paste the questions below into your new post and answer to your hearts content: What are you listening to right now? What was the last thing you ate? What would your partner say is your worst habit? Describe your biggest frustration with yourself What do you think is your best quality and why? What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? What celebrity would you have coffee with? What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? .
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 7:51 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. What are you listening to right now? ? Channel 10 Wavy News ...and if I mute the TV? I can hear "Big Kahuna" snoring on my lap. What can I say, I have that affect on guys! What was the last thing you ate? ? Um - who came up with these STUPID'o questions? [sigh] ..oh alright, the last thing I ate was a jello cup with mandarin oranges and whip cream (light) minutes after polishing off some licorice. Of course, all of this RIGHT before I went to bed. Im stuck in a "MUST eat before you go to sleep" time warp, and it sucks! What would your partner say is your worst habit? ? My ability to express and speak in Mermaid-ese!! Inside joke, but Paul will understand. Describe your biggest frustration with yourself? ? That as strong willed, intelligent, successful and logical as I am in ALL aspects of my life - I still struggle DAILY with the food demons in my head! What do you think is your best quality and why? ? My positive attitude and sense of humor. What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? ? Even my hubby doesn't know I bought these yet. Yesterday I met "Princess Christine" for lunch, so of course I had to SHOP while I was there, right? Found a pair of "Mudd" half/short boots, had been $70 but on sale for $9.99 at Sears. I hate that I'll have to wait till next winter to wear them, they're soooooooooo CUTE!!!! What was the first concert you went to? How old were you when you went to that concert? ? Oh dear, now this one is gonna show my age. I don't know if this guy is even still alive? "Leo Sayer" ....I think I was 17, give or take a month? In Hawaii with my best friend in high school. We had FRONT row seats and Leo even shoved the mic in my face a few times to sing along. Good lord almighty, talk about STAR STRUCK!!!!! What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? ? Paul and I flew to Chicago (on a whim) and met up with a good friend of ours to see Eric Clapton. That was probably hands down one of the best performances we've ever seen live. NO freakn "stage show" with lots of personal effects to cover up the lack of talent ...it was just pure raw TALENT. Eric and 3 others sitting around with guitars and a piano, having a good ol' jam fest. What celebrity would you have coffee with? ? OPRAH!! ...love that womans tenacity, ***** warmth, humor, intelligence and raw determination against any odds, to SUCCEED! What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? ? WOODY ALLEN or OJ SIMPSON - can't stand either of them, for many reasons - all of 'em leave a bad taste in my mouth. .
*~Tigger~ *
on 3/9/06 7:54 pm - Staunton, VA
Happy Friday, Lei! What are you listening to right now? The early morning news What was the last thing you ate? cheese What would your partner say is your worst habit? B$%^ching! Describe your biggest frustration with yourself I am soooooo gullible What do you think is your best quality and why? I give people the benefit of the doubt, and it usually bites me in the butt! What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? Mary Kay (from Jill/Jellybean!) What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? Ian and Sylvia (Canadian folk duo popular in the 60's) I was about 5 at the time. What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? Same as above No, it was ...I don't remember! What celebrity would you have coffee with? Oprah or George Clooney What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? Britney Spears
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 12:46 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning TIGGER! (Hey, you changed your name too?!? - how the heck can I keep track of ya'll if you keep doing that? lol, or is that the idea?) Btw - *****ing is not a "bad habit" its "communication in an art form" ..or so Ive been known to tell Paul. He doesn't call mine *****ing though, our code for it is "a mermaid communicating" ..you know that high pitched shrill sound that they're supposed to make? LOL, well, according to Paul, Ive perfected it. Whatever
Kitty Kat
on 3/9/06 8:24 pm - Richmond, VA
I SHOULD be postin' da Daily Post/Stubborn Lbs but this will get my day started for me! What are you listening to right now? **Staind - Chapter V - Runaway (music), my 2 buggas hauling heiney up the hallway w/ Kayla laughing her butt off and Nora squealing cause she is and Trey grunting in da bed cause he's TRYING to "sleep late" ! What was the last thing you ate? **Hmmm that would be 2 hardboiled eggs last night What would your partner say is your worst habit? **Too closed mouth if ya can believe that mess??? I gotta learn to speak up for myself more. Describe your biggest frustration with yourself **That it takes me so long to just SAY something instead of worrying what the heck others will think or how I am received. What do you think is your best quality and why? **This one is hard for me to be honest. I have an extremely forgiving nature so maybe that it is and it's because I've been through some nasty mess and I'm STILL here kickin' rear cause of God first and foremost then family and friends. What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? **Hee hee this is not forum room discussionable (not a word I know) What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? **Hmmmm good grief dunno the very 1st one cause I have always been into the local music scene but famous I'd have to say Metallica and I was what 15??? What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? **Highway 10 & Katana Mantra (local) What celebrity would you have coffee with? **Stevie Nicks..she is hands to one of THE most amazing writers/singers EVER! I MEAN EVER! What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? **Currently thinking on this one. No one in particular at this point but it's early give me a few minutes. Hugs, Kitty Kat
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 12:49 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Loved the visual of your two little ones, laughing and racing down the hallway, while daddy "tried" to sleep in! Im sure you were thinking ..."welcome to MY world, honey"! Hope you have a wonderful/relaxing/fun weekend lined up?
Lorraina M.
on 3/9/06 9:04 pm - Ruther Glen, VA
What are you listening to right now? the intercom at work (yuk) What was the last thing you ate? a yummy salmon cake from the office cafeteria at 7am this morning,,,,,,,they always have them on Friday mornings What would your partner say is your worst habit? procrastinating Describe your biggest frustration with yourself. my inability to control my eating over the years. What do you think is your best quality and why? my ability to see both sides of situations and not make snap judgements. What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? well back in 1992,,,,,,,hehe,,,,,,,,i honestly don't remember just getting something for "myself" for fun. I am usually too focused on getting things for hubby and family. What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? Edgar Winter, foreverago (in the 70's), was about 18. What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? ZZ Top in the 90's What celebrity would you have coffee with? Mel Gibson What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? Barbara Striesand, don't like her politics. ONLY 5 DAYS TILL SURGERY, I AM PSYCHED, Lorraine
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 12:53 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
I saw ZZ Top in the late 80's, in Tulsa, LOVED IT!!! Another really good concert, minus all the theatrical props that so many bands cover their lack of talent behind! btw - that salmon patty/cake thingie sounds DELISH! I ended up eating my old standby for breakfast. Turkey Pepperoni and some Cottage Cheese, only cause Im too lazy to make anything and I don't have a cafeteria handy. Five days huh? I bet you're riding on a natural high - how EXCITING for you!!!
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 9:14 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lei - good morning!! I'll play!!! love donna What are you listening to right now? The Today show is blaring in the background as Greg is treadding and has it on What was the last thing you ate? Power Crunch bar What would your partner say is your worst habit? He would probably say that I pick on my nails Describe your biggest frustration with yourself Lack of self confidence - but I'm getting better What do you think is your best quality and why? I think I have compassion -- why, because I've needed it myself and have 'learned' how important it is in life! What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? What was the first band you saw in concert? and How old were you when you went to that concert? Hmm, well I really don't remember. Isn't that awful? But it's like I was telling my grandson when he asked me a similar question last week, bands weren't that big in the 50s, but individual singers were the thing. Back then I saw Ricky Nelson! Anyone remember him!! What is the most RECENT concert you've been too? Mary Chapin Carpenter What celebrity would you have coffee with? I love Reese Witherspoon! What celebrity would you NOT have coffee with? Britney Spears Thanks for the fun Lei!! And if I lived closer I would ditch cleaning house today and go walking with you. love donna
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 12:59 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning beautiful!! Hey? You forgot to tell us what the last thing was you bought just for YOURSELF, for fun!! Lord knows, you DESERVE to treat yourself to wonderful fun things, missy! By the way - smack me and get it over with, I meant to reply YESTERDAY to your photo email and didnt, so since I have you here and now, lemme just say? LOVED the photos of the grandkids, grand daughter ...but mostly, the one of YOU and your two daughters. Do you realize you're as tiny as THEY are?!? Hopefully that photo helped to put into perspective just what losing 100 lbs means! That, sweet friend, was an awesome photo. Have you checked your social planner yet on the trip? I saw where Carole passed on the info on Meredith, who's also looking for a cabin mate. Have a great weekend - love you too!!! -- Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views