Thank you, thank you! Sister update...

Kathy & Rich
on 3/9/06 7:03 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks to all of you for your support about my sister, I appreciate it. I finally got to talk to her today. She is in quite a bit of pain... much more than she expected. But she has never been seriously ill or had surgery before so I'm sure it is hard to know what to expect. They took out her IVs and she is on oral pain meds. She is allowed to eat though she isn't hungry. They are getting her up to walk and sit up. She goes home tomorrow! Recovery will be slow and chemo will be in the future. Pathology should be back tomorrow so we should know how big the cancer was and how far it had spread. And thanks to those that read or responded to my vent. My BIL and sister will never know my thoughts. They have far too much else to worry about. I appreciate folks listening and appreciate this forum. Kathy
nitengale
on 3/9/06 4:23 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
You know we love you...more than our luggage!!! wiggs
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/9/06 6:39 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Kathy...Vent all you want to....that is what friends are for. We listen and still love you.... I am so glad that she gets to come home where she will probably be more comfortable. My thoughts and prayers are still with her as she goes through chemo and recovery. Love ya. Hugs, Betsy
WendyNVA
on 3/9/06 6:48 pm - Va Beach, VA
Kathy, Great news about your sis. I'm sure her pain is great, she had quite an ordeal and a long surgery, but hopefully once she is home, she will feel better. I'll keep her in my thoughts on the rest of her journey, it sounds like its going to be a long recovery. Wendy
Ernurse323
on 3/9/06 9:57 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Kathy... I am glad things are looking promising for your sis. You and your family have had a great deal of stress lately with the surgeries, etc... Hopefully things will start looking up soon. I have been thinking about her..and YOU !!! You have been a trooper through all of this also. You seemed to have bounced back quickly after your surgery this last time..Yeah for you !!!! I need your secrets..I don't feel myself yet (even though this is only post op day 3 and I am on narcotics every 4 hrs...lol !!!..I guess I am expeting miracles too soon here.) Take care of yourself..and give lots of hugs to you sis for us. Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views