Plastic Surgery Question

cathya
on 3/9/06 4:53 am - Orlando, FL
For those of you who have had reconstructive surgery, here is my question -- Can you do a lower body lift and a breast lift in the same session? I was thinking I would rather be recovering once instead of twice.Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 6:25 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Cathy ~ I didn't have a lower body lift ....BUT, I did have a tummy tuck, w/muscle tightening and an anchor incision that went beyond hip bone to hip bone. (basically, about 5 inches short of a full circular cut around the lower body) ...ALSO, at the time, I was scheduled to have a breast lift w/implants. So YES, it can be done at the same time -- and that's exactly what I was expecting when I woke up. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) while doing the stomach, my doctor found an 8 lb tumor on my ovary that had to be removed (tumor and ovary) and that ate up the Operating Room time and my breast surgery had to be rescheduled. Good luck to you ~ Lei
Kathy & Rich
on 3/9/06 7:05 am - Fairfax, VA
Cathy, For some reason, I think if you do a lower body lift the surgeon might not due a breast job in the same session due to the time it takes to do the LBL. It is so much more involved than a tummy tuck so it can take 5-7 hours and I believe they don't want to keep you under anesthesia more than that to do breasts too. Good luck to ya! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 9:20 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Cathy - just curious -- you haven't figured out a way to get Kaiser to do this for you, have you?? If so, please share!!! love donna
Supportgroup4WLS
on 3/13/06 9:11 am - Potomac Falls, VA
Hi Cathy, I just had a lower Body lift in February. My surgeon would not do another procedure because of the time under anesthia. It is a very major surgery and the recovery is very painful. Hope that helps. Roberta
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views