Losing too much while sick

MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/9/06 4:11 am - Jacksonville, FL
Tuesday, I weighed in at 265 lbs on my kitchen scales. Well, Monday, my shoulders started to ache, then Tuesday morning, my throat joined the pain party. Now, my left side of my throat is swollen, all my joints ache, I can barely swallow liquids, much less food, and I've been running a temp the last few days of around 100-101. I have a dr's appt tomorrow morning at 9:30am to find out what it is. The point though, is that because I've been so ill, no hungry, and almost unable to swallow anything more than protein shakes and soft bananas, this am, I weighed in at 261 lbs. That's right, 4 lbs in two days. Now, I love to see the scale move downward, but not like this. I've been losing a lb every other day since I've been working out but it scares me to think that if I stay sick much longer, I may have to go into the hospital for dehydration. Well, just have to wait to see what the dr says tomorrow. Hugs, Tonya
Sharon Q.
on 3/9/06 5:58 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Double YUCK Tonya on that nasty bug you got. My kids are passing strep around, they had same symptoms as you. The dr can find that out real quick though, and hopefully it's easily treatable. Sorry you feel so yucky, try to keep up the liquids, and rest up girly!!! XOXOXOOXOXOXO Sharon
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/9/06 6:15 am - Danville, VA
Aww, Tonya, I sure hope you are feeling better soon...just make sure to get plenty of the liquids down and get plenty of rest. I know with that little one, sometimes it is harder to rest but you need it. Thinking of you. Hugs, Betsy
Shanana
on 3/9/06 7:46 pm - Altavista, VA
Tonya, hope you feel better. I jumped down last week when I was sick too. Got to get some fluids some how, popsicles or something. Keep us posted. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views