I'm back home from surgery now...

Ernurse323
on 3/9/06 2:08 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am a LOSER now too !!!!! Thanks to all of you who gave me words of encouragement and shared your experiences with me. I think I read everyone's profile at least twice. My husband stayed with me the entire time. He passed out in pre-op. His nerves were getting the best of him. I had to catch him and ease him down so he didn't crack his head open, so my bare ass was shown to the entire hall. That was the SCARIEST part of the surgery ride...LOL My care was GREAT until the last night. The night shift nurse didn't medicate me for pain like she should have AND gave me a popsicle with sugar. I thought I was in labor...but realized..HEY I am in here for gastric bypass and not having a baby this time !!!! Seriously though...the pain was unbearable. I thought I was going to split open and die. I am afraid to get on the scales because of the IV fluids. Maybe I will give it a few days. Hugs, Dana
shellypoe
on 3/9/06 2:31 am - virginia beach, VA
hi dana, glad you are on the losing side now, i know your pain though, i told ya i had it really rough, heck your doing a heck of alot better then i did, i didnt get on the computer for at least 2 weeks, id wait to get on the scale too cause the iv fluids will sock it to ya. you will be so pleased when you do get on the scale in a couple of weeks. take care and keep us posted, i was worried. sorry about hubby, hope he is feeling better too!!
Tam
on 3/9/06 2:39 am - Richmond, VA
Dana, Welcome to the losing side! It is great to see you back. {Hugs} Tammy C
Lelandmm
on 3/9/06 2:57 am - Chesapeake, VA
Dana, I read your profile, and my husband said the EXACT same thing! He thought I was going to loose weight and leave him! Statistically, 50% of women who have WLS get divorced, but 50% of people get divorced anyways, so I didn't really see that as a big scare factor. When I was heavy, I didn't do much, didn't have many friends. If my husband couldn't go with me, I didn't go. After loosing the weight, I've gotten involved with more things, and have more friends. This would drive my husband insane. At the time he was working graveyard nights and weekends. So basically he was working or had to go to work when I wanted to do things. It became a big issue. He just didn't think it was fair I got to go and do and he was always working. We had an issue with that. Now he works different hours, so we don't argue about it much anymore. I just wanted to let you know, you dont have the only spouse who is afraid you will get skinny and leave! I think I've proved to my husband first I'm never going to be "skinny" and 2nd, I'm not leaving him for someone else. I dont think anyone else can put up with me! Leland
Kathy & Rich
on 3/9/06 3:02 am - Fairfax, VA
CONGRATULATIONS, you LOSER you! Stay clear of that scale for the week. Believe me, you don't want to see it. I was up 12 lbs from my parathyroid/thyroid surgery 2 weeks ago! Ouch! Luckily it was off in about 5 days or so. Sorry to hear that you didn't get the best care and that they fed ya sugar. Oh no! :ohno: Feel better! And welcome, loser! Hugs, Kathy
A10sFrau
on 3/9/06 4:00 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hooray for you, Dana!! Your story about your husband passing out made me laugh Lois
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 6:14 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello DANA and welcome home, safe and sound!!!! Im so glad to find your post, been thinking about you and wondering WHO would be updating us. .....shoulda known the NURSE in you would be! Sorry to hear about your hubby, bless his heart. Now I have to force myself to DROP this story/visual from the memory banks or I'll crack up every time I see the poor man!!! hehehe, well, that combined with YOU flashing the entire hospital wing. Have you NO shame, woman? Oh and you're right, STAY away from the scales - or at the very least, prepare yourself! I gained 13 lbs WHILE I was in the hospital. My surgeon required that we weigh in the day of surgery and the day we leave the hospital so that when I showed up for my 10 day we'd have accurate numbers. Glad you're home and doing as well as can be expected - just don't go into turbo mode too soon, take it easy take it slow! Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 8:17 am - Remington, VA
Hey Dana! I've been thinking about you hoping it all went well. Your poor hubby!!! Glad to see you're dong so well! Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/06 12:04 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey, I am sooo glad to here you are back home. I just saw your post. I have been real busy with the new job and all. I am so glad all went well. I will call soon. Corinn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views