Mirror Mirror on the Wall

LB
on 3/9/06 12:06 am - Northern, VA
OK, so you guys will think I'm totally crazy and self absorbed, but I had to tell someone. I have become totally obsessed with looking at myself! Haha!!! Every time I pass a reflective surface I catch myself staring. I don't know why I do this....its actually quite frightening. Haha! It is a recent phenomenon. Before surgery I'd avoid mirrors. Mostly because I enjoyed deluding myself into thinking I was attractive. I guess, now that I really believe I am cute, I like to confirm it! Haha! On another topic: This surgery has become sooo expensive!!! I can't stop shopping!!! Hahaha! I have no money, yet keep taking out store credit cards to feed my habit. I think shopping may have replaced food in my bad habits. I'm completely in love with Banana Republic. I now fit into a size 14 jacket/top there or XL. I'm still having trouble finding pants that fit. At Lane Bryant I'm between an 18 and a 20 for my waist, but then nothing fits the rest of my lower half. My waist is the one place that has decided to be stubborn, so it makes me look like a fool with baggy pants!!! Oh, well! I'm too happy about it in general to let the little pants issue upset me. I'm thinking of getting a pair of jeans tailored, so I have at least one pair that doesn't make me look like an idiot! Thanks for listening guys! You rock! Have a great Thursday!!!!
cappymoon
on 3/9/06 2:12 am - Northern, VA
Hey Lacey, I am right there with you! When I am walking past a store window, I catch myself looking to see who is looking back. I guess just to make sure these past 14 months have not been a dream, and someone is gonna wake me up!! So, I totally understand where you are coming from, since I am right there with you!! And about the clothes? I have addicted myself to a certain thrift shop that I go to, and now I have found a good will that has pretty decent stuff, I will go back there when I get the chance. I have always been thrifty with my clothes, especially since I have to buy them for the others in my family as well. I have stopped loosing (Not sure if I am done or not) but I continue to go to these shops!! I love a bargain, you know?? Stop spending your money now, we have a date in a week girlie!!! Dianna
A10sFrau
on 3/9/06 3:48 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Oh, Jeez! You had to mention shopping. I have really overspent on Ebay for the last month getting a variety of things to wear to work, in a variety of sizes. Shame on me, but I can't continue to wear the 3Xs! Lois
TammyNVA
on 3/10/06 7:05 pm - Chesterfield, VA
LB!! You're post could have been mine!! I find myself looking in the mirror on the back of my car visor... reflection in windows... checking myself out in every bathroom mirror, even public bathrooms! It's insane. And the shopping! I've easily spent over $500 in the past 2 months, and I haven't bought anything over $20! I always had a lot of clothes, but I'm TRYING not to replace them as I end up wearing something 2-3 times and then it's too big. I'm also in the 14/16, L/XL top size range. AND have the same problem with pants, except my issue is the waist and the upper hips; pant size just went down this week to 22. The legs always look rediculously baggy! Here's hoping the whole body will eventually shift to looking more even Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views