New resolve, new plan

A10sFrau
on 3/8/06 11:20 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
While I have lost 61 pounds since halloween, I have only lost 27 pounds since surgery. I am not depressed or discourged. we all have different bodies and lose at different rates. But, I am not losing much faster than I was on the pre-surgery diet. I was on a 2 1/2 week plateau only 2 weeks out from surgery. I am not happy with my rate of weight loss, SO I have re-evaluated my food diary and calorie intake and exercise. My new plan is: eating fewer than 600 calories per day, making sure I get in 50 g of protein a day but preferrably more, play tennis with the team everyday we are practicing, hike for at least an hour with the GWP every Sat. and Sun. My plan worked well on day one. I dropped 2 pounds I had bounced up, PLUS lost another. I did play tennis for an hour and only had 575 calories 54 g protein and all meds. I want to be under 200 NOW, but am 206. That NOW WOW will happen any day though--I am determined. Lois
prissy25
on 3/8/06 11:43 pm - Barboursville, VA
Lois your doing great, Ill tell you forget about those 6 pounds the more you focus the harder it is to get rid of just forget about it for a day or so an see what happens. But your doing great cant wait to see ya on the 25th
A10sFrau
on 3/8/06 11:50 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thanks, Melissa. I'll be there. Lois
Dan
on 3/9/06 12:00 am - Pulaski, VA
Hi Lois Good luck on getting under 200, you can do it. Dan
A10sFrau
on 3/9/06 3:45 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Dan, Actually it was your post about how much you had lost since OUR surgery date that made me kick myself in the butt and get going. Thanks for the motivation! Lois
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 5:04 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Lois , You are still so new into your surgery date. Plateaus do not happen this soon . Your body is merely taking a break . Plateaus last anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks . And occur @ month 6 to 8 I was suprised to see such a low calorie and Low protein rate for you . Knowing that every doctor is different .. it is just suprising that they would approve 50 grams of protein .. remembering that you only absorb @ 25 % of that now . I would def increase it or atleast ck with your doctor or Nut . I personaly done 120 grams from 2nd month until my 12 month - with an increase when things stalled out . You keep up your determination . Not everyone's weight moves like mine did .. I just kept my motabolism at full throttle .. and still today have to slow it down some . Best to ya .. I am sure you will get where you want to be .. Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 9:31 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lois it sounds like you have a plan! Don't get discouraged, that's the important thing. I always look at what people lose and try not to compare myself, because I am a slow loser. Always have been, and this surgery has helped me to be consistent at losing, but still probably slower than most. I think in January I lost 3 lbs and February maybe I've lost 6 or 7 more. But I just have to believe in the process, that it will happen. And like I've heard so many times, your body slows down and makes adjustment. You're so athletic - I wish I could be more like tha!! I'm a slug, but I do try with my little bit of yoga, water aerobics (although it was too cold and I stopped for awhile), pilates, and of course my favorite Salsa dancing!! But tennis and hiking - that is awesome!! Keep the faith, Lois. You'll get there!! love donna
kizie23
on 3/9/06 11:05 pm - blacksburg, VA
Lois, I think personally you are doing great. You are getting in your exercise and all the other things that you need. Please let me know how your new plain is working for you. Did you get my other email?? Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views