hello! Updated to my saga..

Smukums
on 3/8/06 3:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi all! How is everyone doing? Sorry I haven't been around much - I have had a flair up with the galbladder and ended up having it taken out yesterday - ugh! I am pretty sore and tired but yet can't sleep comfortably. I am sure some of you know what I am going through. if anyone has had the galbladder procedure done lap - do you remember how long it hurt and how long you were out of work? I was planning on going back on Monday but on my discharge papers they say 2 weeks!! I will go nuts! As far as the surgery, the saga continues. I have a teleconference scheduled on March 23 - it was suppose to be today March 9 but i thought I would have to stay the night in the hospital so I rescheduled it. Has anyone had one of these with the committee reveiwing your case? What kind of questions do they ask you? I actually typed up a letter to plead my case as well as the 34 times that i contacted them and was told it was covered. Hopefully this helps! Even though I haven't been posting I have been trying to read and stay up to date on everyone. You guys have been so helpful and have come to be like family now. I appreciate all of you!! Well I am going to go and toss and turn - well i can't do that - i am going to go and sit straight up in bed and try to sleep LOL Love ya! Nicole
Pat F.
on 3/8/06 6:13 pm - Richmond, VA
Nicole, sorry about the gallbladder but it is better out and you do not need it. I had mind done lap and you really should stay out at least 1 to 2 weeks you will be sore for the first week and you want to make sure you do not bust the stickes out and get an infection. I do not know about anything else. Hope you get better soon.
Kathy & Rich
on 3/8/06 6:35 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hi, Nicole! Sorry that you had to have surgery but you'll be glad that the pesky gallbladder was removed. I had my gallbladder surgery on a Friday and I was back at work Monday. I don't remember my discharge papers saying 2 weeks. Oopsie! I felt well enough to go but was tired by the end of the day. If you feel better over the weekend, go to work Monday. Listen to your body. I hope that your teleconference on the 23rd goes well and you get the approval! Best wishes, Kathy
Christine Hood
on 3/8/06 7:47 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Nicole! I'm sorry to hear about your continued saga...I have never had any kind of surgery but my mom had her gallbladder taken out and she was back to work pretty quickly--when you feel ready, just ask the doc. As far as the teleconference goes, I would recommend that you make yourself some notes of all that you want to say. You will beat yourself up if you walk out and think, "Oh, I should have told them thisor I should have said that." Also, don't be afraid to be emotional. They are humans too and sometimes letting your pain show a bit can show them how much your life is truly affected. Tell them about all that you want to accomplish in your life that you are unable to do in your current state and be sure to let them know how hard you have tried to lose and keep it off. (Remember that list of all the diets you've been on...take a moment before and make sure you have ALL of them there. Hope that helps! Good luck girl! Christine
hollydecarlo
on 3/8/06 8:13 pm - hopewell, VA
sorry to hear you have to have gallbladder out i had mine out during wls. so i dont have any advice cause im sure the pain i had was from both surgerys combined. i will be sending prayers your way for both a speedy recovery and that all goes well with the review. nicole have you thought about quiting your job for a while so you could get medicaid cause i know they cover this wls. when i moved here to va i purposely didnt work cause i knew i could get medicaid and they would cover it. its a thought. or maybe a parttime job with ins. just a few options for yah!! good luck and god bless hope your feeling better soon. hugs, holly
wanda
on 3/8/06 8:20 pm
Nicole, I had my gallbladder out lap about 3 years before my WLS. I was out of work for a week. The pain wasn't too bad after a couple of days. I hope you're feeling much, much better very soon! Hugs, Wanda
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/8/06 8:56 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweeetie....Glad you got that pesky ole gall bladder out..you will start feeling so much better soon. Good luck with the teleconference...give them h@**, Nicole. I love you soooo much, Hugs, Betsy
Carole V.
on 3/8/06 9:54 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Nicole, I'm so sorry you had the ol' gall bladder troubles, but thankfully your troubles are behind you now. I was out of work for a week following my GB surgery (lap), but that first week back at work was kind of rough. I was very tired, though not in any pain, but every day I could say I did feel better than the day before. Take it very easy the first week, take those pain meds when you are hurting, then see how you feel about going back to work. If you could work half days or work from home for a few days, that might ease the way back to regular work. Good luck, Carole
prissy25
on 3/8/06 11:59 pm - Barboursville, VA
Speedy recovery from your surgery and prayers going up for you on the 23rd, make lots of notes for yourself as so you can breif over because once they get started your sure to forget something and thats your right so you have all your questions answered. Best of luck sweetie and DONT Give up!!! Hope to see ya on the 25th.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views