Protien question!

spaceystacey
on 3/8/06 7:04 am - Littleton, NC
I recently heard someone say that freezing protien drinks will cause them to be ineffective. It sounds weird to me, but I have to wonder if it is true? I have two shakes a day and blend them with ice until it is about the consistency of a milk shake. It seems as though I can only handle the drinks really, really cold. When the drink is room temperature my throat feels funny and I get nauseated. Anyway, I am wondering now if the way I am making my drinks is doing more harm than good. I certainly don't want to be ruining my progress with empty calories. Thanks in advance! hugs, Stacey
Bookworm5648
on 3/8/06 7:14 am - Manassas Park, VA
I am with you, since surgery I have to have my drinks COLD or I can't seem to get them down. I even make my protein drinks with milk and stick them in the freezer for 30 minutes or so before drinking them. I hope we are still absorbing our protein, or that is a waste of money. Stacy
Kathy & Rich
on 3/8/06 7:48 am - Fairfax, VA
I would email vitalady at vitalady.com - Michelle is a post-op and deals with the protein manufacturers. I'd trust her opinion on this. I would think that mixing protein with ice cubes in a shake and drinking it would be different then freezing it solid and storing it and then thawing it, ya know? My husband makes some of his shakes in the blender with ice. I don't like 'em that way...they puff up too much for me. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views