*PLEASE READ* What did you eat during each stage?

amyb66
on 3/8/06 4:34 am - Bolling AFB, DC
I really would like any imput that you can give me. I am very ready for the surgery, I guess will be in May, but Iexcept for a small booklet I got from the group nutricianist appointment, I am not sure what I should be eating during each stage??? I am not a fish or sea food eater. I love pasta, but I already know thats out of the question. What liquids did you have during the liquid phase? What did not eat during the pureed phase? soft food phase? And so on...what do you eat now? You are all so wonderful and have been blessed by God with your weightloss...you are all an inspiration and I love coming to read about your progress!! Amy
Sharon Q.
on 3/8/06 4:58 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hiya Amy!! Here is a website that will answer all your questions............and many more you may not have thought of yet.................................. http://www.bariatricbytes.com/ Just copy and paste to your browser. Best of luck to ya!! XOOOXOXOOXOX Sharon @ 5'7" 289/261/144/140 Start/Surgery/Today/Goal
MrsTonyaBrown
on 3/8/06 5:04 am - Jacksonville, FL
Amy, I'll give you what info I can, but for each surgeon it's different and for each person, they handle foods differently. Liquid phase: Decaf tea with Splenda, water, crystal lite, beef or chicken broth, sf popcicles, sf jello, protein shakes pureed phase: turkey spam with lite mayo ground up, more jello, tuna with lite mayo pureed. soft food phase (may bleed into pureed phase): mashed potatoes (no gravy or butter and only light salt), unflavored oatmeal, applesauce (no sugar added), grits (no butter) regular food: pasta is out for me as my tummy hates it now, grilled chicken, crab salad with light mayo, string cheese, grilled cheese sandwich (not too soon as the bread must be toasted without butter and can be very dry), Wendy's chili, ground turkey with taco seasonings and salsa and cheese, lightly grilled steak (well-chewed), etc. Everything new will have to be tested. One bite, thoroughly chewed and swallowed, then wait 10 minutes before moving forward to make sure it's going to go down and stay down without hurting. Hugs and good luck, Tonya
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views