Nervous

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 10:09 pm - Remington, VA
In less than a week, on the 14th, I will undergo my surgery. AACCKK! I'm excited yet terrified! I go for my preop tomorrow. Did anyone else feel like they were living in an alternate universe at this point? LIke you're in total disbelief. Then on the other hand I am at peace with my decision to have surgery. I'm excited for all the possibilites of better health. It's like getting married all over again! I'm giving myself a headache!
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 10:23 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kirsten ~ The week before is like getting married, the week after is like child birth and fussy feedings! I lost track of how many times my stomach would retaliate when it came to "feedings". Like a kid in a high chair, woofing it down one day and slinging it all over the place, the next. Just treat your stomach like the 'newborn' it really is, or it'll remind you FAST enough! I remember being in a EUPHORIC natural state'a HIGH, the week before my surgery. Actually, the entire 10 days before - I was kinda fortunate and didn't have a long waiting/resting period between the approval and the surgery date. Or at least, luck to ME, cause that's how I preferred it. Enjoy all the EMOTIONS your experiencing. Find peace in your months of research, choice in surgeons and your decision to take your life back. Here's to many many years of hope, happiness and LIVING LIFE AGAIN. ~ Lei
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/06 4:06 am - Remington, VA
Lei, Thank you! I am so thankful I don't have long to wait for surgery. I was surprised they got me in quickly and I will take it! And looking back on the approval process, that length of time did allow for me to do more research and become as comfortable as I can be. Sure it was rough jumping some of the hurdles, but everything happens for a reason! Thanks again for you words of wisdom!! Kirsten
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/8/06 2:45 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Kirsten....it is an unbelieveable journey. I am amazed everyday I wake up and see a smaller me. My mind is struggling with it but when I put on clothes that I only dreamed of wearing...it blows my mind. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is exciting and just relax and enjoy. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/06 4:11 am - Remington, VA
Betsy, I'm tryin' to relax!!!! Thingsare falling into place as they should and I am so thankful for that and all the wonderful support I get! I can not wait for the day I can wear something awesome! I'm off to do some schoolwork....believe it or not, it's relaxing. Weird, eh? Thank you, Kirsten
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/06 5:00 am - Henrico, VA
Hey Kirsten It was so good to share emails and stories last night.....I can't believe I am so far from home and found someone that I know on the VA board. Let me tell you, you have found some of the greatest people in the world on this board. Even though they have not yet met you in person, they care about you and will be your friends for life. I can totally understand what you are saying about the nervousness and the feeling of being in a different universe. But get ready hun, life will never be the same after this. You are going to do GREAT during your surgery....I hope you have someone to come on here and let us know how you are doing.........You know we will be waiting to hear. Hugs, Patty
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 8:29 am - Remington, VA
Sorry I'm getting back to you so late. I was down for the count yesterday I think my nerves got the better of me, along with working two hours the day before on my gardening job! I too really enjoyed reconnecting with you. I can't get over it! And the fact we're so close now! I thouroughly agree with you on the owonderful people her eon the VA board! I went to my preop today, pretty simple, bloodwork, ekg, and chest xray---oh and cant forget the admissions paperwork. OH joy. I'll get my mom to post something the night of my surgery to let people know I'm ok. Kirsten
Chyanne2u
on 3/8/06 5:23 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Kirsten, I am so happy you are getting in so quickly. I do believe you were going to drive your ownself insane if not. I mean that in a good way. Waiting is never easy. I wish you all the best and you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers as you undergo the beginning of your transformation. I am hoping I will be right behind you. Hoping for a date in May (hopefully). Love ya bunches Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/06 8:31 am - Remington, VA
Hi Kathy, I've been thinking about you! Did you get my email? I sent you one I think last week. Anyway thanks for being such a good, supportive friend! Kirsten
wanda
on 3/8/06 5:29 am
Kirsten, Your feelings are perfectly normal. Just try to breathe deeply and look forward to a wonderfully exciting new life. Best wishes and a big hug! Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views