Protein

cheryl_jagow
on 3/7/06 5:11 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
i have found a slim-fast shake it has the following... calories 190 fat 9g carb 6g sugar 1g protein 20g is this acceptable for a protein drink?
A10sFrau
on 3/7/06 7:36 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Yes as long as you are willing to spend 190 calories on a protein drink. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 9:04 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Cheryl , The calories are a little high . These drinks where designed to be meal suppliments for non-gastric bypass patients . You may want to try to find some that are lower in calories . Nectar has a lot of flavors and is only 90 calories . Tink
prissy25
on 3/7/06 9:37 am - Barboursville, VA
I had one of those today sweetie and have been in the bathroom ALL day. Do I need to say more?
Christine Hood
on 3/7/06 10:46 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Cheryl, Have you tried those proteinex samples yet? I'm curious about the taste and texture. Christine
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/06 8:47 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Cheryl ~ I see it as a 2-sided question. If it's the ONLY protein drink you can tolerate and can/will get in daily - then NO, then the stats are acceptable. If you're still in the experimenting stages and trying to find one that you'll 'like' or at the very least 'tolerate' then there are many more out there that have HALF the calories with the same amount of protein (or even slightly higher). Life isn't always so black and white - sometimes it truly boils down to "something you truly WILL take/drink daily is enough to make it the best stats out there". Ive seen/read many times where people strive to get the lower calorie, lower fat, lower carb, lower sugar..... yada yada yada, protein drink INTO their household, then it sits in the back of the cabinet, NEVER being used. What good is a 100 calorie protein drink if you never touch it again? DO what works for YOU - just remember to adjust the numbers accordingly. 190 calories in a 20 gram protein shake is BETTER then 0 calories and 0 protein, because you can't tolerate 'em. At the end of the day, when it's all said and done and your plumbing starts to absorb MOST if not all calories again, it'll swing back to the ol' adage, calories in -vs- calories out. At that time, you'll probably want to make adjustments to your overall FOOD-bank. ~ Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views