Getting Mixed Feelings

TSChisom
on 3/5/06 11:07 pm - Moneta, VA
My surgery is on Wednesday, March 8 I am getting butterflies in my stomach and getting kinda scared. I know that you all said that this is normal. Just wanting to make sure that I am doing the right thing. I know that the Lord is in control and I will be fine. Any encouraging words or advice is greatly appreciated. Please keep me in your prayers for traveling mercies (as we are going to PA, 7 hours away) to have this done. I am having the open procedure so pray for healing. Thank you all for everything and I will try to post before we leave tomorrow. God bless you all!
Betsy Anitahug
on 3/5/06 11:59 pm - Danville, VA
Oh, sweet Tammy...I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...I had open and I healed really well and fast. Being nervous is so normal but you have a family of wonderful freinds behind you and we will be there in spirit. The Lord is so good and I have been blessed because of this surgery...you will be too. Love ya.. Betsy
Ms Court
on 3/6/06 12:19 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, your feelings are definitely normal. Just keep reminding yourself how much better you will feel when you are healthier as a result. You will be in my thoughts & prayers. Courtney 13 1/2 weeks out - 62 lbs
jilldennis
on 3/6/06 2:18 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Tammy It is definitely normal to get butterflies...you are doing the right thing or God never would have let you get this far. This surgery is definitely a gift from God. We are here for you and we will be praying for your safe return to Virginia. Please keep us posted on your progress...the Virginia board is definitely family! You will soon be a loser!!!!! Many hugs! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/06 3:04 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy , God has led you here for a reason . Many times there will be test and trials to go through before you reach your day . I am certain that this is the journey you are to complete .. and that God has sent you this gift . Please know that what you are feeling is normal . Do not let the negitive in this life steal the joy and health you are about to receive . I can tell you that I was tested many times , but I knew that my destiny was to have the surgery and save my life . Just know that God knows where you need to be and he is pointing you to this .. and will be with you all the way .. He never let's us down . I am here for you if you need it .. Always, Natalie
Kittyn Moon
on 3/6/06 3:05 am - faber, VA
I am in the same position. I just forced down my fleet prep. I am wondering if this will be all worth the agony! I know it will be worth it. I just worry about getting through the next couple of weeks without complaining too much.
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/06 3:09 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, I'm right there with ya! My surgery is on the 14th and I've just gotten nervous as of last night! I will think of you on your travels to you surgery and your surgery itself. Thoughts and prayers sent your way! Kirsten
Kathy & Rich
on 3/6/06 5:29 am - Fairfax, VA
Being nervous is completely normal! Healing, healing thoughts to you as you begin the most incredible journey of your life... Best wishes, Kathy
kammcdonald
on 3/6/06 7:50 am - Norfolk, VA
Dear Tammy, All the emotions that you are feeling are quite normal. In fact, if you DID NOT feel some anxieties, there would probably be something wrong!! But, the chances are excellent that you are going to be feeling so relieved, even by Wed. evening. And, just think, then you begin to live your new and improved "thinner" life!! How exciting for you!!! Not that I am super thin (I am at the halfway mark for goal), but in less than 4 months, I have lost over 70 lbs, and I feel great!!! I NEVER would have been able to do this with Weigh****chers or any other diet plan. Also, not once in this journey, so far, have I actually gotten sick and thrown-up. Now, a very few times I felt as though I might get sick, but i fought it off, and within 15 min. or so, I always felt better. These days I am eating lots of different foods, and I don't feel deprived (except for maybe that I'd like a glass of wine, now and then.....and someday, I hope to have that, too!!). And, I can now do activities that I thought were only available in my memories. I can tell you that it is a wonderful feeling not carrying around those previous 70+ lbs!!! I am sure that you will feel this joy, too, when you are a short ways into your new life. My advice to you is to try and remain optimistic for these next two days. Then after your surgery, try your hardest to fulfill your protein, liquid and vitamin requirements, although if you are low on one day, don't get stressed.....just aim to do better the next day. It will all even out before you know it, and you will do fine. I just know it!!! Please let us know how you are after you return home. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!! *Kam*
Christine Hood
on 3/6/06 8:14 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Good luck Tammy! We'll be thinking about ya! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views